I think we all agree that UK football is on the uptick....

ACE

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, to summarize, it sounds like virtually nobody thinks a 9 win season is in the cards for Stoops-only 1 or 2 yes's. That's quite surprising to me because we got to 8 wins a time or two with very poor recruiting. Yes, we are still low in the SEC, but being 9th(and in the top 20) is a whole lot different from being #35 and 11th in the SEC. The gap appears to be closing dramatically. I still say 2 more top 15-20 classes and our talent is right there with most of the SEC. At that point coaching and experience is what gets you over the top. Going on record...9 wins will happen by 2017.

How about this guys? Could they have not helped?

Nacarius Fant, WR Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University

Sean Nuernberger, K/P Oldham County - Ohio State University

Masai Whyte, LB Collins - Western Kentucky University

DeAndre Farris, ATH Collins - Western Kentucky University

Reggie Bonnafon, ATH Trinity - University of Louisville

Ryan Duvall, LB Apollo - Western Kentucky University

Joel Iyiegbuniwe, DB South Warren - Western Kentucky University

Will Bush, WR Ballard - Western Kentucky University

John Kurtz, OL St. Xavier - University of Cincinnati

Derik Overstreet, DL Paducah Tilghman - Western Kentucky University

Fant is the only one on that list that could potentially play in the SEC besides the kicker which UK doesn't need. UK is trying to build a team that can compete in the SEC not the CUSA

How about this guys? Could they have not helped? Nacarius Fant' date=' WR Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University Sean Nuernberger, K/P Oldham County - Ohio State University Masai Whyte, LB Collins - Western Kentucky University DeAndre Farris, ATH Collins - Western Kentucky University Reggie Bonnafon, ATH Trinity - University of Louisville Ryan Duvall, LB Apollo - Western Kentucky University Joel Iyiegbuniwe, DB South Warren - Western Kentucky University Will Bush, WR Ballard - Western Kentucky University John Kurtz, OL St. Xavier - University of Cincinnati Derik Overstreet, DL Paducah Tilghman - Western Kentucky University[/quote']

Sorry meant top players in the state are UK bound. Typo from my phone.

If UK wants to compete they have to get the top 3-5 in state then shop elsewhere. This is the same thing every other good program does.

I agree with you on all counts. All I am saying is "if" Stoops follows up with a couple more comparable recruiting classes(and his current track record shows that is a distinct possibility), then, we are on par with other quality classes of other "non elite" programs, who are subject to he same "bust" classes as we are. I am not guaranteeing anything, I just believe the odds for our success are as good as anybody and I am choosing "guarded optimism":thumb:

Love your optimism ACE but one problem I see is that " 2 more top 15-20 classes" is easier said than done (And I am not factoring in a class that was thought to be good is a bust). What happens if UK gets a 30-35 class in one of the next two years? Does that equate to more 6-6 seasons?

Fant is the only one on that list that could potentially play in the SEC besides the kicker which UK doesn't need. UK is trying to build a team that can compete in the SEC not the CUSA

It seems I've heard that before then other programs win big Bowl Games with the Kentucky players that "Kentucky didn't need". Seems odd that other programs can win with them, but UK can not.

Reggie Bonnafon couldn't have been useful at UK? John Kurtz wouldn't have either? Will Bush? Ryan Duvall?

Sorry meant top players in the state are UK bound. Typo from my phone.

If UK wants to compete they have to get the top 3-5 in state then shop elsewhere. This is the same thing every other good program does.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. WKU took many of those players, No, they are not in SEC, but they beat Kentucky. If teams that are beating you are interested in a player, you should be interested in that player. Petrino took players at Louisville that UK didn't want. They beat UK. I see a pattern.

It seems I've heard that before then other programs win big Bowl Games with the Kentucky players that "Kentucky didn't need". Seems odd that other programs can win with them, but UK can not.

Reggie Bonnafon couldn't have been useful at UK? John Kurtz wouldn't have either? Will Bush? Ryan Duvall?

But what did they all get offer wise? Who's scholly would you pull for them. I forgot to mention Reggie B. Great ball player. Outside of the top 5 in state, the talent is low level FBS. UK is recruiting high FBS players. The goal is to beat UF, UT, USC, UGA and those players outside the ones I mentioned couldn't do that.

But what did they all get offer wise? Who's scholly would you pull for them. I forgot to mention Reggie B. Great ball player. Outside of the top 5 in state, the talent is low level FBS. UK is recruiting high FBS players. The goal is to beat UF, UT, USC, UGA and those players outside the ones I mentioned couldn't do that.

I'll stop now. Every year I say the same things but the UK fans supply the same argument. Until UK starts getting the top 20 players in the state, they will continue to struggle. WKU will continue to be successful and with Patrino back at Louisville, I expect them to rise quickly. Keep track of how many Kentucky players each of those schools take each year. EKU, Murray and Wesleyan continue to recruit out of state, keep track of their success.

In my Forest Gump voice, "sorry to upset your Blue Panther Party". Carry on.