Disappointing Incident At the Ryle and CovCath Game

Raiders94

Kids do very stupid and insensitive things, regardless of what school they attend. How the school, and his parents handle it will show the true class of both. I love Clyde's response. I also do not like the idea of two schools teaming up against CCH. That sounds like trouble. It seems as though this was the action of an individual student, not a group. It should be handled as such.

If his picture is on Facebook, and I hope it is, I suspect he is having a very bad week.

My understanding of the incident is this. The sign was hanging above where the CCH student section was and it was ripped down.

The "teaming up" as you put it of two schools is nothing more than a sign of respect the students have for eachother. These students are from the same city and grew up together and realize that there are things more important than sports and they are showing their support for eachother.

It was an unfortunate thing to have happened and what I think made it worse is the fact that after it was done by a student(s) from CCH that no one else in their student section did anything to try and rectify the situation.

Yes it was one or two kids that performed the action, yet I hadn't heard that anyone from that student section tried to rectify the situation by fixing the problem and trying to hang it back up etc. which would of went a long way I think in elevating the situation.

I don't look at it as schools "teaming up" against CCH as much as schools coming together to show their support for eachother. I think it's a good thing.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this a CCH Senior student that did the unthinkable or was it a "Crazy in Training"? Doesn't make much difference but if it was a younger kid lets say a Freshmen or Soph that performed the act, then I'm thinking that there was some influence by someone(s) older. Maybe I'm assuming something I shouldn't but if it is truly a premeditated act and was challenge by an older classmate(Crazy) then this a major issue that needs to be addressed before someone gets hurt. Hoping I'm wrong and this just was some spontaneous random act by a student just trying to be the Cool one. Really not cool!!!

Yep. And that's not to say the kid didn't rip it, or another CCH student didn't, but all that picture proves is that the kid shakes hands with his left hand...

I never said it proved anything. Just said that was the only picture I could find. I didn't look on Facebook for a more incriminating picture. I have heard there is a picture somewhere of the kid holding the ripped poster and cheesing for the camera.

I never said it proved anything. Just said that was the only picture I could find. I didn't look on Facebook for a more incriminating picture. I have heard there is a picture somewhere of the kid holding the ripped poster and cheesing for the camera.

Oh, I'm not saying you did. I didn't even know you were the one that posted the photo. Just giving my 2 cents on what the photo does (or doesn't) show.

My question to those in attendance, were there not adults that were overseeing what was going on in the student section? I have no problem with Cooper and Ryle students getting together and cheering Cooper on. Have no problem if Boone joins in as well. Shows a lot of the students to put their differences aside for a common cause.

I do not care how anyone wants to twist this, it is embarrasing to the kid, the school and the administration but most of all it is disrespectful to the nth degree.

Why does this picture need to be shown at all? I don't know what happened, but I do know that all this picture shows is a kid appearing to shake the hand of the person above him. I am sympathetic to the families involved and understand the raw emotions that are real. However, let the school officials deal with it and let's not post something that may incorrectly indict a young man who had nothing to do with the incident. Either way (guilty or not) adults don't need to be posting pictures and/or comments about this. If anyone knows Bob Rowe, you can rest assured that it will be addressed and handled in the proper fashion.

Why does this picture need to be shown at all? I don't know what happened, but I do know that all this picture shows is a kid appearing to shake the hand of the person above him. I am sympathetic to the families involved and understand the raw emotions that are real. However, let the school officials deal with it and let's not post something that may incorrectly indict a young man who had nothing to do with the incident. Either way (guilty or not) adults don't need to be posting pictures and/or comments about this. If anyone knows Bob Rowe, you can rest assured that it will be addressed and handled in the proper fashion.

This is a message board centered around high school sports. How can anyone expect it not to be discussed?