Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Disappointing Incident At the Ryle and CovCath Game

Featured Replies

A very disrespectful act happened at the Ryle game Saturday evening and it has upset many of the students and some adults.

 

Ryle had a sign up memorializing two recently deceased students. For some reason at least one CovCath student ripped the sign down.

 

The mother of one of the boys who died recently was very upset. I hope the principle at CovCath finds out who did this.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having two teenagers pass away is a horrible thing to happen, my condolences to the families of both.

 

How do they know it was a Cov Cath student who ripped down the sign?

Folks, let's have some more solid details before we hash this one out.

I personally know the mother of one kid they was honoring they have a picture of the CovCath students ripping down the sign she is very upset. It is hard enough for her to get on with her life then have this happen. I feel very bad for the families grieving.

Having two teenagers pass away is a horrible thing to happen, my condolences to the families of both.

 

How do they know it was a Cov Cath student who ripped down the sign?

 

Picture was taken.

As one who supports CCH I'm sure I speak for many when I say that assuming this is true (and I have no reason to think otherwise) that it's both disappointing and embarrassing. I have no doubt Bob Rowe will handle this appropriately.

 

I can't imagine what would be going through the mind of either the kid(s) who did it and the family of Mason.

If this truly happened and they have pictures to prove it, I am confident that Bobby Rowe will take care of it. End of story.

My son once made an inappropriate comment to a female student. He was in junior high. The girl's dad called and told me what happened. Really cool about it. Said he remembers how it was at that age.

 

I told my boy he'd have to write an apology to 3 people: the girl, her mom, and her dad.

 

We THEN hand-delivered each one. Nothing like a face-to-face apology to put a kid in the right frame of mind.

 

I'd suggest something similar here so the boy can see that there are people who are upset about it.

As one who supports CCH I'm sure I speak for many when I say that assuming this is true (and I have no reason to think otherwise) that it's both disappointing and embarrassing. I have no doubt Bob Rowe will handle this appropriately.

 

I can't imagine what would be going through the mind of either the kid(s) who did it and the family of Mason.

 

Mason's mother posted a picture of it on Facebook. Their family is very upset.

Mason's mother posted a picture of it on Facebook. Their family is very upset.

 

As they should be. As we all would be.

Was this something that the CovCath students would've known was clearly a memorial to the deceased students?

 

If so, what in the world could possibly possess someone to do such a thing?

 

Also, if true, I would tend to think their enrollment at CCH may end prematurely. Absolutely no place for something like this.

It's definitely a black eye. Hate to hear this stuff. Something similar happened at Raceland when an opponent tore down a banner that was hung in similar fashion. Breeds animosity and shows lack of respect. I have no particulars about this incident, but trust those close to the situation have the details and the right thing will be done, whatever that may be.

My son once made an inappropriate comment to a female student. He was in junior high. The girl's dad called and told me what happened. Really cool about it. Said he remembers how it was at that age.

 

I told my boy he'd have to write an apology to 3 people: the girl, her mom, and her dad.

 

We THEN hand-delivered each one. Nothing like a face-to-face apology to put a kid in the right frame of mind.

 

I'd suggest something similar here so the boy can see that there are people who are upset about it.

Excellent parenting.

Apparently this incident has bonded the Ryle and Cooper students (which is hard to do). They're calling for a joint student section next week when CCH plays Cooper.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.