Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

The readers digest version.

Collins air attack was just about unstoppable and then they mixed the run in pretty affectively.

Highlands offense was good as usuL but sputtered a couple times when Houliston got pressured

The last 2 minutes of the game I can't describe and give justice. It's best to watch the stream. It was fun to witness Both teams put it all out there in the last dew minutes with never say die attitude.

Air attack was unstoppable???? 15-23 for 178 yards...and 35 of that was on one play on the last drive. That doesn't scream "unstoppable". That screams "they didn't throw it very much". That's not even 4 completions and under 6 attempts a quarter. They had two guys over hundred yards rushing (QB - 108 and Watkins- 121, Ferris added 43) What beat the Birds? My "ignorance" thinks that I'm not so ignorant.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the HHS/Collins game. Huge disappointment but got to give Collins all the credit. They played and coached a whale of a game. Congrats to both! They both played hard.

As I logged on, I notice 11 of the first 13 threads are about Highlands! Think that says all you need to know about Highlands Football! Man I love being a Highlands alum, parent, and fan!

#backontopin2014

Air attack was unstoppable???? 15-23 for 178 yards...and 35 of that was on one play on the last drive. That doesn't scream "unstoppable". That screams "they didn't throw it very much". That's not even 4 completions and under 6 attempts a quarter. They had two guys over hundred yards rushing (QB - 108 and Watkins- 121, Ferris added 43) What beat the Birds? My "ignorance" thinks that I'm not so ignorant.

Seems to me everytime Collins needed a big play it was through the air and HHS struggled to stop them

Again you continue not to give credit to Collins even though you asked me if I was talking about you in my earlier post.

You answered your own question.

Congrats to Collins! In NKY, your win is considered a miracle. But that's why games are played on the field. I'm sure Highlands will be back again next year.

I am wondering though; how much of the decision to no longer allow out of district tuition students in Ft. Thomas affect the football team?

Haven't read all the post in this thread yet, but this is without a doubt the most ignorant and misinformed post in the thread my friend.

Haven't read all the post in this thread yet, but this is without a doubt the most ignorant and misinformed post in the thread my friend.

How is this ignorant or misinformed? Back in June, Ft Thomas announced they would no longer accept tuition students? How many players were out of district? I knew several of these kids from the youth leagues. Does Harris still live in Highland Heights and Schweitzer in Alexandria, I thought Greene used to live behind NKU (unless I confused him with someone else) It's been some time, maybe they moved to caketown. Highlands always had contributors from out of district. So I my question was fair.

How is this ignorant or misinformed? Back in June, Ft Thomas announced they would no longer accept tuition students? How many players were out of district? I knew several of these kids from the youth leagues. Does Harris still live in Highland Heights and Schweitzer in Alexandria, I thought Greene used to live behind NKU (unless I confused him with someone else) It's been some time, maybe they moved to caketown. Highlands always had contributors from out of district. So I my question was fair.

By insinuating FTIS will open up enrollment for out of district student/athletes just to win football games. The perception of an outsider. Ignorant and misinformed! Pretty simple my friend!

Lol!

#birdhater

Great game by both teams tonight. It was going to be a diappointing end for someone with the last play and this year it was Highlands. IMO Collins outschemed Highlands defensively which caused a lot of problems for the offense until the 4th quarter. Not sure if Collins tried something different or not. Disagree with the HHS onside kick. Way to early for that to happen and I would much rather see a team drive 70 or 80 yards than only have to go 50 or so. Disagreed with Collins going for it on 4th down in their own territory as I felt that kind of woke Highlands up a little. Did not like the choice by Highlands of trying a 45 yard field goal on a 25 degree night. Might have tried to punt that and see if my defense could come up with a stop or turnover and give my team a short field to score.

I will agree with one poster earlier that questioned whether or not defense could be better if some offensive guys played D. Several kids tried to or asked to move before and during the season but not permitted.

Congrats to Collins and hopefully this contest can take place again next year.

Seems to me everytime Collins needed a big play it was through the air and HHS struggled to stop them

Again you continue not to give credit to Collins even though you asked me if I was talking about you in my earlier post.

You answered your own question.

How does saying they ran all over us rather than passing (passing was unstoppable) has anything to do with not giving Collins credit. I was proving you wrong after you called me ignorant for thinking it wasn't the passing. Until the last drive of the game, they had 130 some yards. Then hit a 35-40 yard pass. You said they killed us in the passing game. Again, you don't have the facts. That's not getting killed in the passing game. Has nothing to do with giving credit to Collins or not. Hell, they had almost 300 yds rushing. Just proving you wrong not Collins!

You better go back and look. Think I was one of the first ones on here giving them credit and have in multiple posts and in multiple threads. . There is a huge difference in debating with your facts and talking about Collins. Don't mistake the two. Don't get mad cause I proved you wrong after you called me ignorant.

By insinuating FTIS will open up enrollment for out of district student/athletes just to win football games. The perception of an outsider. Ignorant and misinformed! Pretty simple my friend!

Lol!

#birdhater

Hater?! Hardly!

Just making an observation and asked a question concerning the future of Bird football. Is it perception or reality about where these guys live? I never said a negative word concerning Highlands football, yet you're very touchy. I never claimed they would open up enrollment again to out of district students just to win. Anyway, all Bird fans on here claim that athletes, er... Students, go there for the education anyway, right.

Really liked what I saw from HHS after the game. Waiting to shake hands with Collins after the game was awesome. A class act by a class program. The team acted more mature in defeat then almost everyone in this thread.