Should Highlands pay for the buses to take the fans to Bowling Green?

Many aren't making the trip b/c it's too far of a trip to see a game that could very well end up being a running clock. If it was their first trip to the dance, I'd say yes, but 7 in a row with a noncompetitive game expected leads me to think that if the Birds want a huge fan presence, they had better put forth some party favors......Is a free bus ride too much to ask?:scared:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would estimate a game ticket and bus transportation would be about $30-$40. Surely fans can pay that for riding in comfort without the hassle of driving and parking.

I wouldn't. I like to be the driver and in control.

If the school boosters have the money I'd pay for a bus or two. If not then don't. I'd imagine Highlands boosters have the money to make it happen. The kids deserve a good fan base there. For the seniors it's their last game, and for many of them maybe this will be the only one they get to "contribute" to helping Highlands win.

Joking of coarse' date=' but I am making a point. The Bowling Green location excludes a lot of folks.[/quote']

Well, we could play in Louisville with 6,000 fans at the game in a an almost completely empty stadium...or in Lexington, wait, they don't have turf...or at EKU, wait, it then becomes the same scenario for teams like Mayfield...or at Georgetown, wait, crap, same as Lexington...or at Murray, wait, crap, same as EKU...or we could, aw shucks, never mind.

Many aren't making the trip b/c it's too far of a trip to see a game that could very well end up being a running clock. If it was their first trip to the dance' date=' I'd say yes, but 7 in a row with a noncompetitive game expected leads me to think that if the Birds want a huge fan presence, they had better put forth some party favors......Is a free bus ride too much to ask?:scared:[/quote']

Are you serious?

Well, we could play in Louisville with 6,000 fans at the game in a an almost completely empty stadium...or in Lexington, wait, they don't have turf...or at EKU, wait, it then becomes the same scenario for teams like Mayfield...or at Georgetown, wait, crap, same as Lexington...or at Murray, wait, crap, same as EKU...or we could, aw shucks, never mind.

Rotating between EKU and WKU wouldn't be a bad deal in my opinion.

Joking of coarse' date=' but I am making a point. The Bowling Green location excludes a lot of folks.[/quote']

With Kentucky's odd shape no location is perfect, but it does seem as if the teams with the longest trip maybe the two from NKY.

Maybe KHSAA could build a small domed stadium with seat backs on all seats in Elisabethtown that seats 20,000-30,000. Could play the Finals there...then use it to host the Sweet 16 for boys and girls each season, Volleyball, Archery, Tennis, Wrestling and Soccer.

Ky Lottery could finance and have naming rights.