What is your favorite brand and flavor of beef jerky?

Watusi

I tried I guess a newer Mingua brothers type almost like a sour cream and onion taste to it. Not bad but

not my favorite by any means.

Green Package ?

It was garlic and onion flavor. I tried it and it was just ok. Wouldn't buy it again.

I don't care for the teriyaki flavor Mingua. The Grippos, regular and hot are outstanding though.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what it was.

Green Package ?

It was garlic and onion flavor. I tried it and it was just ok. Wouldn't buy it again.

I don't care for the teriyaki flavor Mingua. The Grippos, regular and hot are outstanding though.

• 5 months later...
Just found out that Mingua is currently not making Grippo's BBQ. Heartbreaking.

Apparently they haven't been able to get Grippo's to send them the spices.

CWB, it's killing me without the Grippo's, I am even thinking about buying the Mingua mild and a bottle of the Grippo mix, then making my own. It still won't be the same though.

Why? Why and when would you eat beef jerky? I have tried it but tough, chewy foods have no attraction for me. Have I just not tried the right brand? Is there a brand that doesn't feel like you are chewing on a piece of a tire?
Perhaps you stumbled onto the wrong thread by mistake, Ma'am.

The makeup and feminine hygeine products are in aisle 6.

:jump:

I recently discovered Mingua (MING-ghee) Brothers and I love the mild but the HOT flavor is killer and is my favorite.

MinguaPackaging_4oz_Hot_FLAMES_CONVERTED_1024x1024.jpg?585

Plus it is made in Paris Kentucky, which is very cool.

I haven't tried any other Mingua flavors but I am intrigued by the thought of the Cajun and the Grippo's BBQ flavors.

You nailed it in the first post. Mingua by yards. Used to like Wild Joe's the best, and would dabble with some Jack Link's as well. But Mingua blows them up.

Haven't tried the Hot or Grippo's versions yet though. Mild is just too good,

• 4 years later...

It's been 3 or 4 years since Grippo's stopped supplying their seasoning to Mingua Brothers for their beef jerky. Mingua Brothers is making their own BBQ seasoning for their jerky now, and it's good, but not as good as the original BBQ jerky that they made using the Grippo's seasoning.

It looks like the Pap's Foods company out of LaGrange, KY is making their own version of Grippo's seasoned beef jerky now. I'm gonna need to find some and give it a try...

DXAcCNdV4AETa0N.jpg