Strongest Players

SkinsLB22

I've done 480lbs on the bench in a workout. But i can only claim 440 in compitition. The rules are stricter.

Cats Eye, would you have any results from the USPF meet in P'burg Saturday?

We had a few kids from our football program competing along with one kid from the general school population named Brad Slone who, get was going for, get this FOUR-HUNDRED and THIRTY POUNDS I believe -- this kid is SIXTEEN years old and weighs only 185!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count for what? State records? Then no they don't count unless you've done them in a meet. Count for bragging rights? Sure you can brag about anything you want. I'm sorry i didn't know they added a 40 yard dash to track. Oh wait they ddin't. So that arguement doesn't hold. Its different having a coach watch you and having a 3 certified judeges watching you. I've done 480lbs on the bench in a workout. But i can only claim 440 in compitition. The rules are stricter.

certified judeges of what?

We had a few kids from our football program competing along with one kid from the general school population named Brad Slone who, get was going for, get this FOUR-HUNDRED and THIRTY POUNDS I believe -- this kid is SIXTEEN years old and weighs only 185!

Pikeville had a few good lifters there. They had a teenager there who did 405 on the bench. I don't think he even weighed 185. There was another kid there who set a teenage record for total lifts from pikeville. Don Feilds son set a couple state records as well. But i think they will have it posted on the multi-sports website.

It was Brad Slone who set a new high school record. He did 405. Then tried for 425 on his second attempt but missed it. Still an impressive lift.

"Personally, I don't think any part of the school day should be spent on PE to be honest with you unless and until our schools start doing a better job turning out kids academically ready for college....."

I can see your point. I look around at all the overweight children at school and all over and I have to disagree. Kids don't play outside as much, watch too much tv, sit in front of computers and Playstations, and eat trash. They've reduced recess to almost nonexistent in most grade schools and PE around here is a joke. They usually aren't required to dress and I see kids sitting on their butts (usually the ones that need it the most).

In FL, kids used to be required to take PE EVERY year and were made to dress out everyday (male and female) and to participate. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but it makes me wonder if there's a correlation between that and the number of athletes they turn out.

Count for what? State records? Then no they don't count unless you've done them in a meet. .... Its different having a coach watch you and having a 3 certified judeges watching you. .... The rules are stricter.

Cats Eye: You are speaking of weight lifting as a competitive sport. I respect your passion for your sport. I respect everyone who is passionate about what they do. You have certainly added an interesting twist to this thread.

The discussion in this thread up to this point has been about something more general than your officially sanctioned power lifting tournaments. This has been a thread about the strongest players in a football forum – not a power lifting forum. No one here has claimed a “state record” in power lifting. So, your sport and your titles are safe from claims made here.

I know that Ashland does not have a weightlifting team. They do have some strong football players that are lifting in the off season. Maybe they should put a weightlifting team together to see how they could do in the officially sanctioned competitions.

It sounds like fun,

Graybeard

There are a lot of kids (sad but true) that the only exercise they get is in PE. If we truly want them to learn, then we must understand that our

physical health and ability to learn are not unrelated.

I know that even as an older man, I feel better when I am involved in regular activities (eg. more energy, more alert, etc). The same is true for children as well.

I think one of Prestonsburgs strongest players is the kicker Seth Moore. 455lb deadlift at a body weight of around 165lbs. New USPF state record for his age. I think they may want to try this kid at a few other postions this year.

But i think they will have it posted on the multi-sports website.

CE -- Looked at what I THINK was their website and there's nothing up about results from this meet. Is there maybe a different site I need to access?

Cats Eye: You are speaking of weight lifting as a competitive sport. I respect your passion for your sport. I respect everyone who is passionate about what they do. You have certainly added an interesting twist to this thread.

The discussion in this thread up to this point has been about something more general than your officially sanctioned power lifting tournaments. This has been a thread about the strongest players in a football forum – not a power lifting forum. No one here has claimed a “state record” in power lifting. So, your sport and your titles are safe from claims made here.

I know that Ashland does not have a weightlifting team. They do have some strong football players that are lifting in the off season. Maybe they should put a weightlifting team together to see how they could do in the officially sanctioned competitions.

It sounds like fun,

Graybeard

Right on target! :thumb:

I think one of Prestonsburgs strongest players is the kicker Seth Moore. 455lb deadlift at a body weight of around 165lbs. New USPF state record for his age. I think they may want to try this kid at a few other postions this year.

sounds like it