Will Newport Central Catholic be competitive this year?

Will Pangallo and/or Smith play football? What about Anderson at QB, or will he not play football? If neither Pangallo or Anderson play football, would Franzen move to QB for his senior season?

These are all good questions. Does anyone know if Pangallo, Smith or Anderson has been in the gym with the football team?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franzen back with Tommy Donnely who was lost due to injury in firtst qt of first game last year will he back and could be best 1, 2 punch at WR in NKY. Smith is a speedster at RB hope he is bulking up a little in the offseason. The QB spot is really the only question, granted it is a very very important one. I think the Breds can make another run, win it all again I dont know but they should have a solid team.

Yes they will win. They don't know how to do anything but win. There is always talent. There is always work ethic. And there is the determination to win.

God forbid they don't win because, IMO, New Cath has the craziest fans around.

You got THAT right!! After a brutal JV loss at Cooper last year, one of their moms came over and got in the face of a Jag parent, telling her she needed to be muzzled!! Granted, practically every NCC parent remaining came over and apologized for her poor sportsmanship, saying she did not represent them or the school but WOW!

My response was going to be that History tells us yes they will be competitive. But History beat me to it.:laugh:

NCC, despite the players they lost to graduation, has more returning than any other team in the district. If anything their injury problems last year made them deeper for this year. Lloyd new coach and lost big chunk of offense and defense, Newport nearly did not have enough players by the end of last year, Holy Cross might be second in district and they don't really have much returning. Brossart showed nothing last year.

Challenge may come from Walton in the region who lost some key players (very good OL/DL monster and QB that sparked them) but has nice RBs returning.

You got THAT right!! After a brutal JV loss at Cooper last year, one of their moms came over and got in the face of a Jag parent, telling her she needed to be muzzled!! Granted, practically every NCC parent remaining came over and apologized for her poor sportsmanship, saying she did not represent them or the school but WOW!

Nothing worse than a parent(s) acting like "trailer park trash".

This type of behavior has been seriously addressed by Mr. Foster. It has gotten pretty ridiculous. I'll admit, when I had family playing, I was really bad about yelling at the stripes. I never confronted someone, but I'm not sure that I would avoided anyone either. Pretty embarrassing to think about that.

The departing senior class had quite a few contributors and was very deep. The Breds return some nice interior line pieces and some experience on defense. Franzen, Smith, Sutkamp and Donnelly all return and will fill offensive spots. They will certainly have enough to be very competitive in and out of their AA class. I am interested to see what happens with the QB spot but would be more than shocked if Pangallo was in the mix. Why would he come back to football?