Will Newport Central Catholic be competitive this year?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this school losing their QB, RB, Best Defensive player, and getting a new Coach will they be able to win this year?

Only if they get all their basketball players out, they win the All A Classic, and they are brainwashed into thinking it is a state championship.

Yes they will win. They don't know how to do anything but win. There is always talent. There is always work ethic. And there is the determination to win.

God forbid they don't win because, IMO, New Cath has the craziest fans around.

Lol. I don't know about the fans, but I agree that they seem to be accustomed to winning. The reality is they are losing a great deal of talent, the question do they have any coming up that can fill those spots....Lacking a qb and fb seems to be a problem IMO.

Just curious what brought this thread up???? I am more curious about the number of kids that will be playing football. Quality should be good, but will the numbers(or lack there of) create problems. I know the junior to be class is somewhat small in number and how many of the frosh will continue to play football? I know there were several kids that played both football and basketball and would be interested to hear if they plan on continuing to play both.

Just curious what brought this thread up???? I am more curious about the number of kids that will be playing football. Quality should be good, but will the numbers(or lack there of) create problems. I know the junior to be class is somewhat small in number and how many of the frosh will continue to play football? I know there were several kids that played both football and basketball and would be interested to hear if they plan on continuing to play both.

That's really what I was thinking more on the numbers. It seems like more kids are starting to make the decision to play one sport only. I was just wondering with the kids who decide to lean one way or the other with a sport, will it hurt this program considering they are a small school. On top of that, they are losing a great deal of talent, and if some kids decide to play basketball only who will fill these spots. I was just being curious.

It's NewCath. They will survive and live off tradition. It's amazing what kids can do when they believe in the system and the school. They will be just fine. A lot of schools with great tradition actually overachieve on down years, it just goes unnoticed because of that tradition.

That's really what I was thinking more on the numbers. It seems like more kids are starting to make the decision to play one sport only. I was just wondering with the kids who decide to lean one way or the other with a sport, will it hurt this program considering they are a small school. On top of that, they are losing a great deal of talent, and if some kids decide to play basketball only who will fill these spots. I was just being curious.

If they can talk the Pangallo boy into playing QB and they will have the Smith kid at running back you will have a very fast back field with the Franzen boy being your WR they would be more then fine. IMO

If they can talk the Pangallo boy into playing QB and they will have the Smith kid at running back you will have a very fast back field with the Franzen boy being your WR they would be more then fine. IMO

Will Pangallo and/or Smith play football? What about Anderson at QB, or will he not play football? If neither Pangallo or Anderson play football, would Franzen move to QB for his senior season?

Yes they will win. They don't know how to do anything but win. There is always talent. There is always work ethic. And there is the determination to win.

God forbid they don't win because, IMO, New Cath has the craziest fans around.

Us and CovCath. I sat in the CovCath section for a game against Highlands and felt eerily at home. Must be a Catholic thing.

Will Pangallo and/or Smith play football? What about Anderson at QB, or will he not play football? If neither Pangallo or Anderson play football, would Franzen move to QB for his senior season?

He has to have the ball in his hands as much as possible. QB would be an adjustment. He hasn't played that since, what, Freshman year?