Favorite KY Bourbons

BIG BLACK JACK

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of having my BGP privileges revoked for all time...

...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I want you to know I do enjoy all the time we spend together with me drinking bourbon and you drinking some American beer...

That explains it then. BTW, don't tell LN that. :lol:

Ru is now out of the closet.........

he doesn't like Woodford.

I'm fine with that.

Leaves more for me.

Had a couple of 'fords on ice last night after spending the afternoon in the bird field. Knees were aching. The ice worked wonders. :thumb:

Maker's Mark to water down their bourbon:

Maker?s Mark waters down its bourbon to meet rising demand ? Quartz

I got that e-mail the other day from them. They say it has no effect on the taste but lowers the alcohol by volume by 3%....... I'm not sure I'm buying that. I wouldn't be at all surprised if in a year or two they camne out with a more potent product.

Maker's Mark to water down their bourbon:

Maker?s Mark waters down its bourbon to meet rising demand ? Quartz

I got that e-mail the other day from them. They say it has no effect on the taste but lowers the alcohol by volume by 3%....... I'm not sure I'm buying that. I wouldn't be at all surprised if in a year or two they camne out with a more potent product.

I would wager a large sum of money you won't be able to tell a bit of difference in the taste. Jack Daniels has done the same thing multiple times and people buy it.

Can you give us a breakdown of what you thought of each Evan Williams product?

Well let me start off by saying I'm Evan Williams biased, alot of my friends don't care for it as much as I do. In fact MJ's room mate I think still has a bottle I left with them from around labor day weekend(maybe I should ask for it back). Evan Williams is what I drink on the regular, I don't drink beer unless it's with a meal so where as most folks may buy a 12 pack on Friday it's Evan Williams for me.

Evan Williams Cinnamon, Honey and Cherry. I'm not big on adding flavor to bourbons but in my opinion Evan Williams Honey is a lot like Wild Turkey American Honey, I put it in Tea a couple of times when I was sick and it did a pretty good job of opening me up some. I tried the Cinnamon which was probably pretty dumb because it gives me headaches but I at least wanted to have tried it. Cherry is ok but not something I'd buy for myself.

IMO Small batch and single barrel were pretty similar but I did like single barrel a bit more, I've never been one to drink on the rocks or with water but typically a splash of diet coke I just like a little added sweetness with my bourbon. With that said I think I could drink single barrel just fine with a splash of water it seems sweeter with less of a bite to it.

I've had the traditional and black(regular), I don't recall the traditional because that was quite a while back but obviously the black is good IMO because I keep on buying it. I really want to try the Evan Williams White but I haven't seen it any where around here.

Edited by sportsfan41