Favorite KY Bourbons

BIG BLACK JACK

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not fetching these "availability" issues they're speaking of in this one. You can find Maker's anywhere, and in a lot of situations in smaller liquor stores, it's the only "high-end" Bourbon ever available.

That's the case in Kentucky, especially the part of KY you live in.

Many states across the country ran out of Maker's Mark before Christmas.

Another reason it's good to be from the Bluegrass State!

That's the case in Kentucky, especially the part of KY you live in.

Many states across the country ran out of Maker's Mark before Christmas.

Another reason it's good to be from the Bluegrass State!

I do get out of the Bourbon City fairly regularly. Maker's has always seemed to be universally available wherever I go. Maybe Maker's needs to make less available here, where people know that there are lots of other good Bourbons out there nowhere near as expensive as Maker's and its extensive marketing/advertising budget.

I do get out of the Bourbon City fairly regularly. Maker's has always seemed to be universally available wherever I go. Maybe Maker's needs to make less available here, where people know that there are lots of other good Bourbons out there nowhere near as expensive as Maker's and its extensive marketing/advertising budget.

I'll pass your suggestion along.

I had Benchmark last night. I thought it was OK, but I'm not replacing Very Old Barton as my favorite cheap bourbon.

Gotcha. I guess it is like anything else, we all have different tastes.

As crazy as it sounds I would rather drink Benchmark over any other bourbon.

Well they aren't going to be watering it down after all.

They sent a retraction note to members of the ambassador club that they heard us and we no longer going to change the formula. Reminded me of the Coke fiasco years ago.

They sent a retraction note to members of the ambassador club that they heard us and we no longer going to change the formula. Reminded me of the Coke fiasco years ago.

I thought the exact thing. Glad though they reacted faster than Coke did. I remember those days of seeing both old and new Coke on the shelves......

I was very happy to get the retraction email in my inbox yesterday.

Well they aren't going to be watering it down after all.

Want to talk about collectors items? See if you can find some of the 84 proof that was put on some selves across the state! My wife (who works for Maker's) even had trouble finding a bottle.

Want to talk about collectors items? See if you can find some of the 84 proof that was put on some selves across the state! My wife (who works for Maker's) even had trouble finding a bottle.

Great choice of women!