Favorite KY Bourbons

BIG BLACK JACK

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy worked at Ruth's Chris Steak House down here and collected as many as he could. I'm not sure how "complete" his set got, though. Don't they give you something cool if you collect them all?

Sheesh! How much do you think a glass of Blanton's goes for at a place like Ruth's Chris? WAY too rich for my blood...

Anyway...each stopper has a little letter on the base behind the rear right hoof of the horse. If you get all eight...spelling out B-L-A-N-T-O-N-S, they look like this.

8stoppers.jpg

1792 Ridgemont Reserve is a very decent bourbon for the price, have a bottle in my cabinet now.

I posted this in another thread, 1792 is my least favorite bourbon.

I know I keep beating this drum but I really like Benchmark. I like it more than just about ever expensive bourbon too.

Benchmark_Bourbon.jpg

Sheesh! How much do you think a glass of Blanton's goes for at a place like Ruth's Chris? WAY too rich for my blood...

Anyway...each stopper has a little letter on the base behind the rear right hoof of the horse. If you get all eight...spelling out B-L-A-N-T-O-N-S, they look like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38970[/ATTACH]

Nice. Is that your collection?

I posted this in another thread, 1792 is my least favorite bourbon.

I know I keep beating this drum but I really like Benchmark. I like it more than just about ever expensive bourbon too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38971[/ATTACH]

I've kept an eye out when I go to the liquor store for Benchmark. I've never been able to find it, though.

Nice. Is that your collection?

No, that picture is from the website. I've got four of them. I didn't realize the letter thing until 5 years ago or so, so I'm not sure which stoppers I'd had and thrown out previously. I've had a few bottles given to me as gifts as well, and as luck would have it, all three were duplicates of letters I already had. Right now I've got B, the first N, T, and S.

A guy from work went to the Buffalo Trace facility. He bought a barrel there for decoration. The distilery gave him directions to "sweat" out the bourbon caught in the wood, like Beam is doing w/ their Devil's Cut. He said that he can get 4 or 5 fifths out of it. Not bad for an $80 purchase.

A guy from work went to the Buffalo Trace facility. He bought a barrel there for decoration. The distilery gave him directions to "sweat" out the bourbon caught in the wood, like Beam is doing w/ their Devil's Cut. He said that he can get 4 or 5 fifths out of it. Not bad for an $80 purchase.
VERY interesting. At some point I plan on doing some decorating with bourbon barrels and I'll have to remember that.

My buddy worked at Ruth's Chris Steak House down here and collected as many as he could. I'm not sure how "complete" his set got, though. Don't they give you something cool if you collect them all?
Harry's in Lexington had a kick butt mirror with a spot for everyone of the horses. Almost certain it came from Buffalo Trace but I'm not sure if it's an option for the general public. It's also been several years since I KNOW it was there. It may still be, but I haven't paid it any mind.

Got a bachelor party this weekend; thinking about going with a 1.75 of Buffalo Trace. Not trying to break the bank or anything, but does anyone have any suggestions? Looking to spend $50-60.

Worth noting that a lot of these guys are beginning to ease into the bourbon world. I thought BT would be good for people just getting into the game, but want the input of others and their experiences with hosting to see what was liked and disliked.