Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite KY Bourbons

Featured Replies

What is your favorite KY bourbon? And how do you prefer to drink your bourbon?

 

For me, Maker's. However, if I were hosting a social gathering I would serve Woodford.

 

Usually drink it on the rocks, sometimes with diet coke.

 

Input of others? :dancingpa

  • Replies 387
  • Views 70.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basil Hayden for my day-to-day. Pappy Van Winkle if I'm feeling generous. Either on the rocks or with whiskey stones.

Where to start....

Got to go with Maker's Mark first. I like it on the rocks or with ginger ale, which by the way, it how Bill Samuels likes his Maker's.

If somewhere was to not have MM (heaven forbid) I would ask for one of the following:

Basil Hayden

Knob Creek

Jim Beam Black

Buffalo Trace

Four Roses Small Batch (I like it better than the single barrel)

and

Eagle Rare Single Barrel

 

On the rocks with a few drops of water.

Woodford - On the Rocks with splash of water

 

Great time of the year for Bourbon and a Cigar

  • Author
Four Roses Small Batch (I like it better than the single barrel)

and

Eagle Rare Single Barrel

 

On the rocks with a few drops of water.

 

Haven't tried either, which of the two do you suggest?

I have been working on these BBJ, if I am going cheap I like:

 

Benchmark - great bang for your buck

Evan Williams - also great bang

Jim Bean 4 year

 

If I am going large I like:

 

Basil Hayden

Buffalo Trace

Jim Beam Devils Cut and/or Jim Beam Black

Wild Turkey 101

Bookers

I really enjoy Maker's Mark but don't buy it to often.

 

Usually my go to is Ancient Age. I like the taste and you can't beat the price.

Evan Williams Single Barrel is a high-quality bourbon at an extremely reasonable price.

Haven't tried either, which of the two do you suggest?

 

Go Four Roses Small Batch first, if only because it is just a bit less expensive!

Always have the following on my shelf:

Old Grand-Dad

Evan Williams

Old Fitzgerald

Old Forester

 

I don't tend to keep the following around, but I really like them when I can get them:

Buffalo Trace

Blanton's

Woodford Reserve

Evan Williams Single Barrel is a high-quality bourbon at an extremely reasonable price.

 

Agree. A few years back I lined up some shots of various high end bourbons for some bourbon drinking buddies to taste and evaluate. A majority like the EW single barrel the best.

 

We have the cheap stuff in the house to mix with diet coke; and Woodford to sip neat or over ice. The Woodford is more habit than anything though. Makers, Basil Hayden, Bookers, etc. would be just fine.

I bought Four Roses single barrel and REALLY liked it. I have Woodford Reserve Double Barrel and liked it a lot. If it's just me at home watching a movie w/ the family, I'll have a glass of Buffalo Trace, ice cube, and a splash of water.

Angels Envy is the best I've ever had. Woodford reserve is 2nd.

All of the above , I don't discriminate. :lol:

 

But seriously, I'm not picky, whatever my budget dictates at the time is fine with me. But tend to stay away from the cheap, cheap stuff. Only seldom drink it straight, usually add Coke.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.