Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite KY Bourbons

Featured Replies

I'm not too picky either, my financial situation doesn't allow me to be. If it's good bourbon(classier than Beam) I'll sip on the rocks. If it's a so-so bourbon, I love mixing with ginger ale.

 

Real question: anybody like any bourbons from outside of our great state? I can honestly say I've never had one.

  • Replies 387
  • Views 70.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IReal question: anybody like any bourbons from outside of our great state? I can honestly say I've never had one.

 

There are VERY few brands made outside Kentucky and if I ever see non-Kentucky bourbon barrels... well, I know what to do with them...

 

us-federal-agent-broaching-a-beer-barrel-from-an-illegal-cargo-during-the-american-prohibition-era.jpg

Edited by Getslow

I just got my letter from Maker's Mark...my barrel is ready to be bottled!

 

Any other ambassadors out there bought a bottle from their barrel?

I'm not too picky either, my financial situation doesn't allow me to be. If it's good bourbon(classier than Beam) I'll sip on the rocks. If it's a so-so bourbon, I love mixing with ginger ale.

 

Real question: anybody like any bourbons from outside of our great state? I can honestly say I've never had one.

 

I've had Bowman Brothers - distilled in Fredericksburg, VA. It was very nice.

 

Bowman also makes Virginia Gentleman. Then there's McCormick Bourbon from Missouri, Iowa Bourbon Whiskey is made by Cedar Ridge Distillery in Iowa, McKenzie bourbon from New York, and there's even a bourbon out of Washington state called Dry Fly. There's even a micro-distillery right by Xavier University called Woodstone Creek that makes a variety of straight bourbon. Never had any of those, though.

I just got my letter from Maker's Mark...my barrel is ready to be bottled!

 

Any other ambassadors out there bought a bottle from their barrel?

 

Picked mine up on September 29th. They will allow you to buy two bottles - about $40 each. The tour is free. Make sure you RSVP ahead of time so they've got your bottles ready, and tell them you're an ambassador when you get there.

Picked mine up on September 29th. They will allow you to buy two bottles - about $40 each. The tour is free. Make sure you RSVP ahead of time so they've got your bottles ready, and tell them you're an ambassador when you get there.

 

Every day bourbon for me is either Bulleit or Buffalo Trace, with a splash of ginger ale. As a step up, I really like the smokiness of Blantons. And I'll never turn down Wild Turkey, and love Rare Breed.

 

Just bought a bottle of Larceny because I've never seen it before and it has a $20 rebate. Sipping right now while handing out candy. Not too bad...but a little on the sweet side.

 

I've had Bowman Brothers - distilled in Fredericksburg, VA. It was very nice.

 

Bowman also makes Virginia Gentleman. Then there's McCormick Bourbon from Missouri, Iowa Bourbon Whiskey is made by Cedar Ridge Distillery in Iowa, McKenzie bourbon from New York, and there's even a bourbon out of Washington state called Dry Fly. There's even a micro-distillery right by Xavier University called Woodstone Creek that makes a variety of straight bourbon. Never had any of those, though.

 

Blasphemy! I don't even acknowledge their existence.

In the cabinet:

 

Woodford Reserve

4 Roses - small batch

Knob Creek

Wild Turkey 101

Makers Mark

Every day bourbon for me is either Bulleit or Buffalo Trace, with a splash of ginger ale. As a step up, I really like the smokiness of Blantons. And I'll never turn down Wild Turkey, and love Rare Breed.

 

Just bought a bottle of Larceny because I've never seen it before and it has a $20 rebate. Sipping right now while handing out candy. Not too bad...but a little on the sweet side.

 

I liked Larceny because it was sweet but I like other Bourbons that are much less expensive better than Larceny.

I liked Larceny because it was sweet but I like other Bourbons that are much less expensive better than Larceny.

 

Glad to know I'm tasting it right!! I got it for about $24, but again, it had a $20 rebate attached to it...I'll try any bourbon for $4:) I like it....it's not my favorite, but I'll definitely finish the bottle.

Blasphemy! I don't even acknowledge their existence.

 

Admittedly, I'll gladly try pretty much any whiskey. Sure, I'll play favorites when it comes to my regular Cabinet Members, but I'm not going to discriminate completely when it comes to giving a new whiskey the old college try.

 

Admittedly, I'll gladly try pretty much any whiskey. Sure, I'll play favorites when it comes to my regular Cabinet Members, but I'm not going to discriminate completely when it comes to giving a new whiskey the old college try.

 

I typically agree. But something calling itself bourbon made outside of the Commonwealth is an exception.

I typically agree. But something calling itself bourbon made outside of the Commonwealth is an exception.

 

You have more willpower than I, sir.

I keep Very Old Barton on hand for the multi drink nights... MM is my bourbon of choice. However after reading this thread I need to expand my horizons a bit....

Blanton's drinkers out there...anybody collecting the bottle stoppers? Does anyone have all of them?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.