Bob Schneider's Comments on the Compromise

cshs81

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Vendetta, what a joke as are most of your post on this topic. This mess was caused because you and people like you refuse to accept any responsibility for causing what lead to 70% of the schools in KY to vote for Prop 20. Until you and your beloved private institutions want to seriously work towards compromise, which is what I'd like to see happen, and not already sit and try to figure out ways to beat the system then not much will ever change. Quit playing the blame game and pointing the finger at everyone else and take your fair share. There is enough blame to go around for both public and private. That right, I said public and private. Not something I've ever heard you say..Vendetta.. :laugh: :laugh:

All myself and other private in NKY did was win. This all came about because ot her privates throughout the state who weren't winners all of a sudden started winning.

Holy Cross, NCC, and CCH have been NKY powers for decades.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how the Catholic school in Bellevue can be considered a feeder school for the High School when It is a consolidation of Catholic schools from Newport ,Bellevue and Dayton and the Middle school ,I believe it is called Holy Trinity is located in Newport at the old St. Stephens school. Only Holy Trinity elementary school kids attend school in Bellevue at the old Sacred heart complex. Besides all of the schools that make up Holy Trinity have been feeder schools at NC/NCC for well over 50 years

The kids from our parish go to high school at Trinity, St X, Sacred Heart, Assumption, Mercy, Presentation, Ballard, Waggener, Male, Manual and Eastern. There may be more that I am not aware of. Which one is our parish school a feeder to? That is the problem as I see it. A very large percentage of our parish kids would not able to play sports for two years of high school if this goes through. It isn't a good solution to anything. As I have pointed out many times, there are a lot more kids from our parish that leave for a public high school than there are kids that leave the local public middle school and go to a private high school. It also won't do much to change the results on the field. This past season at Trinity, of the twenty four starting positions, two were filled by kids that didn't go to a Catholic grade school. That percentage is lower than the percentage for the school as a whole (8 percent versus 20 percent).

You may want to check your facts, besides Barnet (IND public product) and Blain Donald (public school) Emindorf (public school) Cissnery (the OL and his little bother Public school) That is what I know on the OFF side of the ball, take away the yards from the 1st three I mentioned and I would say T would be a averqage team and the Field of play would be level, not to mention the kids that played Def. Plus the running backs and the WR's and the freshmen team were all public school products. So to me the question is "if these kids were told their 8th grade year that you can go to T, but have to sit out your First two years would the still pick T??????" My guess is NO. so the rules would do what they are suppose to do and that is keep kids from picking schools based on sports. Know matter what you those kids were going there for the football. This rule will truly make kids go to schools for education and not sports, and THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT.

AS far as everybody saying there are going to lawsuits everywhere. It has already been tried in many other states and the final high courts were all in agree ment. Sports are a priviledge, thus any lawsuits on the topics are left to the states school rules, it is not a matter of the courts, so stop with all the lawsuit talks. If it was illeagle then other states would not beable to do what they do.

Sorry for the spelling :D

You may want to check your facts, besides Barnet (IND public product) and Blain Donald (public school) Emindorf (public school) Cissnery (the OL and his little bother Public school) That is what I know on the OFF side of the ball, take away the yards from the 1st three I mentioned and I would say T would be a averqage team and the Field of play would be level, not to mention the kids that played Def. Plus the running backs and the WR's and the freshmen team were all public school products. So to me the question is "if these kids were told their 8th grade year that you can go to T, but have to sit out your First two years would the still pick T??????" My guess is NO. so the rules would do what they are suppose to do and that is keep kids from picking schools based on sports. Know matter what you those kids were going there for the football. This rule will truly make kids go to schools for education and not sports, and THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT.

AS far as everybody saying there are going to lawsuits everywhere. It has already been tried in many other states and the final high courts were all in agree ment. Sports are a priviledge, thus any lawsuits on the topics are left to the states school rules, it is not a matter of the courts, so stop with all the lawsuit talks. If it was illeagle then other states would not beable to do what they do.

Apologize to Donald Barnett, Steve Orndorff, Blayne Donnell and I can only guess you're speaking of Artillo and Aaron Scisney?

You are correct that sports are a privilage.

I assume that you agree that when a private grade schooler chooses public school for their high school career, that they are subject to the same treatment.

In the final game, it was Blaine Donnell on offense and defense and Steve Orndorff on offense. Donnell started on offense because Donald Barnett was nursing an injury. For most of the season it was two because Barnett started on offense instead of Donnell. I believe that Barnett is an Indiana Catholic school kid. (I Know he is Catholic and I think he attended Catholic schools). At most it was three. The other kids you mentioned didn't start. Check the KHSAA list of starters on their web site.

As far as lawsuits, Kentucky is different from most states in that the KHSAA is an agency of the state department of education. That makes any action by the KHSAA a state government action which sets the standard much higher than it would if it were a non government organisation.

Apologize to Donald Barnett, Steve Orndorff, Blayne Donnell and I can only guess you're speaking of Artillo and Aaron Scisney?

You are correct that sports are a privilage.

I assume that you agree that when a private grade schooler chooses public school for their high school career, that they are subject to the same treatment.

yes meant those kids. And yes what is good for one is good for the other. I think it will hurt the public schools more then they like to admit, but it will level the playing field. i think it will also stop allot of the parents that send their kids to private schools untill 8th grade then put them in public schools. it will make them either go to public schools in 7th grade or get another job and keep them in private schools the rest of the way. But either way i feel overall it will have the effect that it is suppose to have. But again who the heck knows what is going to happen, my guess we will still be playing ball next year and the teams and coaches are more worried about their own team then what MIGHT happen, but it is still very interesting.

In the final game, it was Blaine Donnell on offense and defense and Steve Orndorff on offense. Donnell started on offense because Donald Barnett was nursing an injury. For most of the season it was two because Barnett started on offense instead of Donnell. I believe that Barnett is an Indiana Catholic school kid. (I Know he is Catholic and I think he attended Catholic schools). At most it was three. The other kids you mentioned didn't start. Check the KHSAA list of starters on their web site.

As far as lawsuits, Kentucky is different from most states in that the KHSAA is an agency of the state department of education. That makes any action by the KHSAA a state government action which sets the standard much higher than it would if it were a non government organisation.

well Barnett did not go to catholic school in IND he went to river valley (public school) but still take those kids stats off from this year and you are left with a good to average football team. And as far as lawsuits all state associations are tied to their respective department of education. I think that if private school supporters from other states didnt get any ruleings then it wont here.

Just talk to KHSAA and they are indepentant from KBE, so you can sue the KHSAA but dosnt mean you can sue the kentucky education department. And again sports are a priviledge that has already been established.

well Barnett did not go to catholic school in IND he went to river valley (public school) but still take those kids stats off from this year and you are left with a good to average football team. And as far as lawsuits all state associations are tied to their respective department of education. I think that if private school supporters from other states didnt get any ruleings then it wont here.

Just talk to KHSAA and they are indepentant from KBE, so you can sue the KHSAA but dosnt mean you can sue the kentucky education department. And again sports are a priviledge that has already been established.

A question in my mind is that a lot of Catholic kids play sports for their respective parishes, but attend Public schools. I wonder how this will affect the participation, or rules of participation for Catholic grade school teams?

I'll have to just disagree with you. I enjoyed watching those kids play over the past four years, but I wouldn't think it would have made that much difference. Trinity doesn't have a lot of superstar athletes (especially this year, x had the stars :D ). Most years Trinity wins with a lot of pretty good high school players that are able to achieve a lot in the system.

I have a question about my grade school years. I attended St.Cecilia (Independence) 1st through 8th. St. C's is a feeder school for HCross, I then attended SK. Would I have been affected by this?

Yes of course you would have .

I have a question about my grade school years. I attended St.Cecilia (Independence) 1st through 8th. St. C's is a feeder school for HCross, I then attended SK. Would I have been affected by this?

Yes, and the Stowers brothers would have never suited at SK.