Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Schneider's Comments on the Compromise

Featured Replies

How would any of these changes affect the long term contracts, I am assuming they have them, with the stadiums and arenas for the state championships?

I doubt that it would have any impact at all on contracts signed with Papa John's or Rupp Arena. If it came to pass, I would think that the KHSAA would simply need to rent enough additional time to provide for any extra games that had to be played. I'm not sure, this is just a guess.

 

Frances

  • Replies 166
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could be wrong, but I don't think that any move they make could possibly be put into effect as soon as this year.

 

Frances

 

Yeah i didnt figure that they would take place this year or next year, thats really to soon. I would think that they would have to wait a couple of years and then reinforce whatever compromise or proposition that they decide to pass.

Yeah i didnt figure that they would take place this year or next year, thats really to soon. I would think that they would have to wait a couple of years and then reinforce whatever compromise or proposition that they decide to pass.

I believe something passed in the delegate assembly is to be put in place the NEXT school year. I would say, they are working towards this going into place next year.

I believe something passed in the delegate assembly is to be put in place the NEXT school year. I would say, they are working towards this going into place next year.

 

Wow. So do you believe that current 6th graders, which will be 7th graders next year, will have to be in their high schools feeder program to be eligible for all 4 years of high school athletics if the two year ban passes as the compromise?

Wow. So do you believe that current 6th graders, which will be 7th graders next year, will have to be in their high schools feeder program to be eligible for all 4 years of high school athletics if the two year ban passes as the compromise?

That is very possible. I believe it will depend on the action of the KY BOE in February. If they delay the decision for one or two months it will be very hard but not impossible to be put in place by next year.

 

There may also be a lawsuit depending upon the course of action and an injunction put into place.

 

Barring those, if the compromise is agreed upon and accepted at the Feb meeting of the Ky BOE, than I would think it would be put into place starting July 1st.

Wow. So do you believe that current 6th graders, which will be 7th graders next year, will have to be in their high schools feeder program to be eligible for all 4 years of high school athletics if the two year ban passes as the compromise?

 

That's what I meant by being very careful in how any change is inacted.

 

All it takes is one lawsuit and everything could be thrown out or put on hold. I would hope that those in charge of any changes would allow sufficient time for students to adjust to any changes.

Actually I get the feeling that lawsuits are going to fly (from both private and public) if there is a 2 year ban.

That is very possible. I believe it will depend on the action of the KY BOE in February. If they delay the decision for one or two months it will be very hard but not impossible to be put in place by next year.

 

There may also be a lawsuit depending upon the course of action and an injunction put into place.

 

Barring those, if the compromise is agreed upon and accepted at the Feb meeting of the Ky BOE, than I would think it would be put into place starting July 1st.

Given all of the regulatory approval steps, including review by various groups as required, there is not a chinaman's chance that this goes into effect before 2007-2008.

.. there is not a chinaman's chance ...

 

I've always wondered where this saying comes from? Do Chinese people have some lesser chance of things in general?

 

Not being smug - just curious.

 

Frances

I've always wondered where this saying comes from? Do Chinese people have some lesser chance of things in general?

 

Not being smug - just curious.

 

Frances

 

See the movie Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

 

On the boat to America, a young Bruce Lee is very excited about America the land of opportunity, when another chinese person on the boat says, "not a china man's chance." He then tells the story of how the chinese immigrants in building the railroads in the west through the mountains were often lowered via crane into an area where they using TNT to blow up and clear rock. The story goes that if the crane did not pull the chinese worker up fast enough before the blast occured, then he would be killed, hence "not a china man's chance."

See the movie Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

 

On the boat to America, a young Bruce Lee is very excited about America the land of opportunity, when another chinese person on the boat says, "not a china man's chance." He then tells the story of how the chinese immigrants in building the railroads in the west through the mountains were often lowered via crane into an area where they using TNT to blow up and clear rock. The story goes that if the crane did not pull the chinese worker up fast enough before the blast occured, then he would be killed, hence "not a china man's chance."

 

I don't know if that's true, but it's odd to find a history lesson like that in a Bruce Lee movie. :thumb:

 

Frances

I don't know if that's true, but it's odd to find a history lesson like that in a Bruce Lee movie. :thumb:

 

Frances

 

Many Chinese immigrants worked on the railroads and many did die from blasting accidents. I do not know if that is where the line came from.

Many Chinese immigrants worked on the railroads and many did die from blasting accidents. I do not know if that is where the line came from.

I can't get the line from Blazing Saddles out of my mind:

"Dock that Chink a day's pay for napping on the job!"

 

Frances

Realizing that we have gotten way, way off topic. Blazing Saddles is a classic.

How can you ever be off topic when quoting from a Mel Brooks classic????

 

Frances

And based upon the vote in October there is OVERWHELMING support for prop 20 in this state for separate classes for private/public.

 

That would not be my choice.

 

But to continue to stick your head in the stand and say that 190 some are wrong and the vast minority is right does not address the issue.

No, there is not vast support. There is vast agreement by superintendents to support each other, to "stay the course" as their state association suggests, and to direct their employees how to vote on that issue, and not to vote in favor of any other issue. Anyone who thinks anything that happened around that vote, no matter how you or I feel personally, had any pattern or vast support is simply manipulating a one time statistic and making it play to the benefit of their particular side.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.