Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Schneider's Comments on the Compromise

Featured Replies

You guys are killing me..Looking for everyway possible to skirt the rules even before they put this into effect. Things don't seem quite so fair when we just might be getting at least closer to a level playing field. Go ahead though with all those posts. Everryone enjoys more laughter in their life. Just remember those enrollment numbers.

Holy Cross 435 grades 9-12, CovCath 478 grades 9-12 and St Henry 540 grades 9-12 per the Private SchoolReview website so "NO 20 Mile Radius Exemption" for you..

It's been a long day, so forgive my density, however, are you implying that CovCath pulls a lot of kids from 20+ miles away?

  • Replies 166
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thumb:

Since the details are not final, I don't know if I would bank on the 350 student limit. That number has been discussed along with the a Class A designaton, along with no changes to the current feeder schools if they are already designated.

 

Not banking on anything really. I'll survive regardless. I'm sure it will all work out to the private schools liking but you have to admit all the different excuses people are posting are enough to make for a very good chuckle. :laugh:

So there are still plenty of options for potential private school students. In NKY, if they are going to assign a "district" will they allow the kids to have a Brossart/NCC choice because of football? Or, will the kids south of BB have to be a Camel or Mustang? I'm not sold on this being a good compromise for anyone. How much will it change things?

 

The Diocese of Covington lists each school and their Primary Service Area.

For students in Campbell County they can go to either private high school and not pay out of district tuition.

http://home.catholicweb.com/covingtoneducation/index.cfm/NewsItem?ID=84530&From=Home

It's been a long day, so forgive my density, however, are you implying that CovCath pulls a lot of kids from 20+ miles away?

I imply nothing. And I never considered you dense at all.. :walk:

I imply nothing. And I never considered you dense at all.. :walk:

:thumb:

  • Author

For students in Campbell County they can go to either private high school and not pay out of district tuition.

 

Issue like this make this a quagmire.

Issue like this make this a quagmire.

 

Yes it does. The Diocese does not necessarily want families jumping from parish to parish for monetary reasons or so their kids can go to a certain school, and they don't want them to miss out on a Catholic education by not allowing a choice.

You guys are killing me..Looking for everyway possible to skirt the rules even before they put this into effect. Things don't seem quite so fair when we just might be getting at least closer to a level playing field. Go ahead though with all those posts. Everryone enjoys more laughter in their life. Just remember those enrollment numbers.

Holy Cross 435 grades 9-12, CovCath 478 grades 9-12 and St Henry 540 grades 9-12 per the Private SchoolReview website so "NO 20 Mile Radius Exemption" for you..

The kids from our parish go to high school at Trinity, St X, Sacred Heart, Assumption, Mercy, Presentation, Ballard, Waggener, Male, Manual and Eastern. There may be more that I am not aware of. Which one is our parish school a feeder to? That is the problem as I see it. A very large percentage of our parish kids would not able to play sports for two years of high school if this goes through. It isn't a good solution to anything. As I have pointed out many times, there are a lot more kids from our parish that leave for a public high school than there are kids that leave the local public middle school and go to a private high school. It also won't do much to change the results on the field. This past season at Trinity, of the twenty four starting positions, two were filled by kids that didn't go to a Catholic grade school. That percentage is lower than the percentage for the school as a whole (8 percent versus 20 percent).

Both quite possible.

 

On the first one I could see rulings for "hardship" cases like there used to be when declaring for the draft in pro sports whereby you basically proved you needed to be eligible for the draft.

 

On the second one, it could be a little tougher. They aren't really extending authority over middle schools because no restrictions happen until the student enters 9th grade (high school) at least from what we know so far.

These posts just enlightened me to something I wasn't thinking. The KHSAA has no authority over Middle school. If challenged in court, can you say null and void?

 

I just find it laughable how public schools officals and coaches think they have a right to tell a kid or family where they must go, so they can ensure more wins at their schools.

 

 

Lets me see if I can say this louder or better than I have a million times. Look within why some kids do not want to attend your school. Maybe there isn't a thing you can do to convince a family to go to your school, but atleast try. Forcing them will cause more negative reactions than I think people are ready for.

 

You can't force school choice on to me.

To my knowledge that hasn't been answered yet. I believe I read somewhere in a CJ article that the BOE would determine the feeder schools, but I'm not certain.

Again I don't see the Diocese of any part of the state allowing another governing body to tell them where there catholic student can attend High School.

You guys are killing me..Looking for everyway possible to skirt the rules even before they put this into effect. Things don't seem quite so fair when we just might be getting at least closer to a level playing field. Go ahead though with all those posts. Everryone enjoys more laughter in their life. Just remember those enrollment numbers.

Holy Cross 435 grades 9-12, CovCath 478 grades 9-12 and St Henry 540 grades 9-12 per the Private SchoolReview website so "NO 20 Mile Radius Exemption" for you..

Honestly your the least credible and one of the most biased posters on this subject. You have a vendetta against privates you will not admit. For every negative post you have you come back with one positive to try and act like there isn't a vendetta. You hold the same vendetta that some public school officals that caused this whole mess.

Under the "compromise," can a catholic school be a feeder to a public school if it is in the area?

Honestly your the least credible and one of the most biased posters on this subject. You have a vendetta against privates you will not admit. For every negative post you have you come back with one positive to try and act like there isn't a vendetta. You hold the same vendetta that some public school officals that caused this whole mess.

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Vendetta, what a joke as are most of your post on this topic. This mess was caused because you and people like you refuse to accept any responsibility for causing what lead to 70% of the schools in KY to vote for Prop 20. Until you and your beloved private institutions want to seriously work towards compromise, which is what I'd like to see happen, and not already sit and try to figure out ways to beat the system then not much will ever change. Quit playing the blame game and pointing the finger at everyone else and take your fair share. There is enough blame to go around for both public and private. That right, I said public and private. Not something I've ever heard you say..Vendetta.. :laugh: :laugh:

Let me guess----The Louisville Catholic Schools, LexCath, or other "no boundry" schools are the Private school reps on the committee?? No feeder schools for any of them, and the problems everyone is complaining about continue; with the only ones hurt, the smaller private (Catholic) schools with actual feeder parishes. Someone needs to wake up and deal with the 4-A football quandry, and let everything else alone!!!!

Let me guess----The Louisville Catholic Schools, LexCath, or other "no boundry" schools are the Private school reps on the committee?? No feeder schools for any of them, and the problems everyone is complaining about continue; with the only ones hurt, the smaller private (Catholic) schools with actual feeder parishes. Someone needs to wake up and deal with the 4-A football quandry, and let everything else alone!!!!

 

I agree. 1A and 2A are not the problems for private schools winning everything. NCC is the only private school team to win a 1A football championship and the only team to win a 2A football championship, and that has only happened once each.

 

My question about the compromise, is what happened to the talk about making 6 classes. Would that be a better solution to the problem than trying to define feeder programs and punish student-athletes for changing schools?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.