Parents file lawsuit against Elsmere Police Dept for shooting of son.

RomanEmpire

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what your referencing but when the story broke it was determined that the boy had a bullet in him from the cop and the only question was whether he bled to death from the bullet or died from hitting the pole. The story went silent soon after and I never heard either way.

Nothing in the article posted says anything about a bullet in the perp. Where are you getting your information from?

Nothing in the article posted says anything about a bullet in the perp. Where are you getting your information from?

All of the coverage on the news when the event happened. To my knowledge, it's never been disputed that the boy had a bullet in him.

The officer that shot him was a young inexperienced lad if my memory serves me correctly.

Not surprising - Eric Deters is the lawyer representing the family.

The deceased was shot in the back, bullet entered his lung, no exit wound (from another article I read).

As I have told my children, you never run from the police even if you are doing something wrong. Running will only make it worse. Case in point.

I pray that this family finds some peace and I pray for the officer involved. I'm sure it is never easy to take another's life even if you are justified in doing so.

If a patrol car stops a vehicle for a DUI, and the driver takes off, what does an officer do?

Just curious.

Depends on the department. Different policies at all agencies. If it's just a DUI, I send another officer to the owners address and see if he/she shows up. If not, I take out a warrant for DUI and fleeing

Now if he tries to run me over, that's Wanton 1st and the pursuit is on as long as the need to apprehend out weighs the risk. Pursuits are contingent upon the crime committed, preservation of evidence, traffic, weather, etc. It's always changing. If it's a murder suspect who is unknown, well that's probably gonna go till KSP shows up and implements the PIT :D.

Now if he tries to run me over, that's Wanton 1st and the pursuit is on as long as the need to apprehend out weighs the risk. Pursuits are contingent upon the crime committed, preservation of evidence, traffic, weather, etc. It's always changing. If it's a murder suspect who is unknown, well that's probably gonna go till KSP shows up and implements the PIT :D.

They won't let you guys do the fun stuff?