Parents file lawsuit against Elsmere Police Dept for shooting of son.

RomanEmpire

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a patrol car stops a vehicle for a DUI, and the driver takes off, what does an officer do?

Just curious.

Your hypothetical does not justify the use of deadly force. The cop would simply chase after the suspect, but if the suspect is endangering others (i.e. high speed chase), the police should back off (in my opinion) to prevent possible harm to others.

Now if he tries to run me over, that's Wanton 1st and the pursuit is on as long as the need to apprehend out weighs the risk. Pursuits are contingent upon the crime committed, preservation of evidence, traffic, weather, etc. It's always changing. If it's a murder suspect who is unknown, well that's probably gonna go till KSP shows up and implements the PIT :D.

If he tries to run you over it is Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder.

You are the one placing the charge Rocket, charge them with the Murder charge. After that, it is out of your hands and you are a witness for the prosecution.

I had to terminate due to speeds and the road. He crashed out about a mile later and someone else 10-15'd the subject. I just checked courtnet. He plead to 8 charges. Most serious was the wanton 1st trying to run me over (glad I'm nimble and jumped up on the hood and to the side :lol:) and fleeing/evading 1st mv. Took 7 years in his plea.

I had to terminate due to speeds and the road. He crashed out about a mile later and someone else 10-15'd the subject. I just checked courtnet. He plead to 8 charges. Most serious was the wanton 1st trying to run me over (glad I'm nimble and jumped up on the hood and to the side :lol:) and fleeing/evading 1st mv. Took 7 years in his plea.

I bet if former was the perp he would have mowed your ass down!

• 2 months later...