J Joseph comes out swinging

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised so many people are bashing JJ and defending Mike Brown.

Me too

IMHO there is no one to defend in this, just two people that want it easy and think they should get more for their efforts. Whether it be big or small they don't think they should have to deal with the pesky.

I'm not defending Mike Brown. I know many Bengals fans seem to hate him. I just don't see how it's a surprise that a player likes his new team better than his old team. Especially considering the new team gave him a $48 million deal.

I'm surprised so many people are bashing JJ and defending Mike Brown.

I'm not. It's kind of like the pathetic chick who suffers years upon years of her man slapping her around, browbeating her at every turn. When asked why she doesn't leave, she says, "But he loves me."

I'm not defending Mike Brown. I know many Bengals fans seem to hate him. I just don't see how it's a surprise that a player likes his new team better than his old team. Especially considering the new team gave him a $48 million deal.

It's more than just that. The nickel-dime stuff was the same crap that Marge Schott did -- like charge the press corps for printing costs of the daily info sheet. Guess what? Her "million-dollar (negroes)" hated her, too, for the same reasons. OK, well, the racism may have played a part, but those guys would have overlooked a lot if they were treated with respect, instead of as pieces of meat.

The bottom line is if you're buying a sports franchise for the sole purpose of it being your one and only business, you should find another business. It's way too volatile. You make money on a sports franchise when you sell it, not while you run it. You buy it for vanity purposes.

Exactly. This isn't whining about not getting paid. This is about getting somewhere else and realizing the way it's supposed to be. This is Artrell Hawkins going to NE and laughing at the differences. This is Takeo Spikes telling Dan Patrick in an interview how exciting it was the Gals finally got newer and bigger towels. It's culture. It's what it will take for the stadium to sell out all the time again. They seem headed in the right direction. Are they committed to really making themselves not a laughingstock?

Mike Brown is cheaper than most owners, and definitely makes sure that he makes money. However as long as the team is winning, or people just believing they will win then people will come back. Mike Brown has not changed his ways much at all, yet we are already seeing people come back. Winning fixes everything, Mike Brown can run the team the same way as always but as long as they win people will and have already started coming back. Hopefully it continues.:thumb:

It's more than just that. The nickel-dime stuff was the same crap that Marge Schott did -- like charge the press corps for printing costs of the daily info sheet. Guess what? Her "million-dollar (negroes)" hated her, too, for the same reasons. OK, well, the racism may have played a part, but those guys would have overlooked a lot if they were treated with respect, instead of as pieces of meat.

The bottom line is if you're buying a sports franchise for the sole purpose of it being your one and only business, you should find another business. It's way too volatile. You make money on a sports franchise when you sell it, not while you run it. You buy it for vanity purposes.

Z

Neither party is righteous. And I am no huge Mike Brown fan, but I will say that the Brown family is still around from an era when people did buy sports franchises to make money. The Rooney, Mara, Halas and the like we're the norm. It is a new world now with the billionaires buying franchises as toys. Brown's owned and became millionaires running this franchise. They send their children to Ivy league schools and then bring them home to work in the family business to share in the wealth. They too will become millionaires from this business. What incentive does Mike have to change what has served his father, he and his siblings, his children and nephews, and now grandchildren, so well?

A monkey could make money running an NFL franchise. And to prove this as fact we have the likes of McNair. Again no Brown apologist, but who is really off the norm of society, business sense, common sense? Is it really Brown, or is it the McNair's of the league. Who is really wrong, the guy who says ' let me get you soap, deodorant, fluffy towles, and Gatoraide to take home to your family; or Brown who says I pay you 10 million a year, go buy your own Gatoraide for home?"

I have a business background and have always appreciated that those who work for me are well compensated and have the best benefits available. This affords me to hire the best people available. However, after having provided that, I have no tolerance for those who pick at what they don't have or what someone else is getting. (JJ)

Mike Brown is cheaper than most owners, and definitely makes sure that he makes money. However as long as the team is winning, or people just believing they will win then people will come back. Mike Brown has not changed his ways much at all, yet we are already seeing people come back. Winning fixes everything, Mike Brown can run the team the same way as always but as long as they win people will and have already started coming back. Hopefully it continues.:thumb:

Not even the Steelers game this year is a sellout. How sure are you that the fans come back with winning?

I'm not. It's kind of like the pathetic chick who suffers years upon years of her man slapping her around, browbeating her at every turn. When asked why she doesn't leave, she says, "But he loves me."

Kind of like UK fans and the SEC in football. Battered Team syndrome I call it.