J Joseph comes out swinging

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like defending the Bengals but JJ provided some specifics in the article and on the surface I think it is hard to disagree with his take.

Hopefully the Bengal powers that be pay attention to JJ's comments because ultimately I think it can translate to better success for the Bengals.

Is anyone shocked? From a competitive standpoint, the Bengals are one of the worst run organizations is all of professional sports.

That was said on PTI the other day. They said nobody has been through more the Bengal fans when it came down to how their organization is run.

Mike Brown is a cheapskate and it's reflected in the way the organization is run. It is my understanding that the Bengals do not have any massage therapists on staff. If they have any on staff, it is far less than other teams. From what I was told, this is very rare in professional sports.

I like defending the Bengals but JJ provided some specifics in the article and on the surface I think it is hard to disagree with his take.

Hopefully the Bengal powers that be pay attention to JJ's comments because ultimately I think it can translate to better success for the Bengals.

Exactly. This isn't whining about not getting paid. This is about getting somewhere else and realizing the way it's supposed to be. This is Artrell Hawkins going to NE and laughing at the differences. This is Takeo Spikes telling Dan Patrick in an interview how exciting it was the Gals finally got newer and bigger towels. It's culture. It's what it will take for the stadium to sell out all the time again. They seem headed in the right direction. Are they committed to really making themselves not a laughingstock?

Pro sports and the people who inhabit them live in a different reality than the rest of the world. Joseph said the difference was that the Bengals were run like a business and were concerned with making money. The Texans are not. They have a billionaire owner who purchased a team as a toy. That team to him is like a fantasy football team to you and I. We put a few bucks in each year, hope to make the playoffs so that we have something to brag about to our friends, and if everything falls into place we win big and make money on the deal. Not big money, just a hundred bucks or so, enough to buy a few rounds for the boys or take the wife to dinner.

All goes well for the Texans and they make a few million. To McNair that is just as inconsequential as the hundred bucks is to you.

Te Brown family is supporting three generations of the family on the few million they make each year. It still is not a bad living, but we're talking night and day difference. So the Bengals pay a competitive wage, provide insurance and benefits, and perks to employees the likes of which none of the rest of us will likely ever see. Yet because they are compared to an absurd overindulgence they are somehow to be labeled cheap.

Yes the Texans stood by your family during a difficult time. Did the Bengals not only stand buy you but offer even money with the Texans just a year or so after you embarrassed the organization by getting arrested.

Jonathan is just one more example of an athlete with a distorted view of what the real world is about. His opinion, on anything,along with one of my hard earned dollars, will get me a cup of coffee. Yes, Jonathan the rest of have to PAY a dollar for a drink.

No surprise that he favors the team that just paid him $48 million.

Agreed, would be rather concerned about his mental capacity if he didn't paint Houston as a warm and fuzzy organization, I wonder if he's getting paid to do PR as well...... Houston's owner is sitting back and enjoying the fact the Joseph is doing a little player promoting.

The bengals may be cheap, but pointing out little things like deoderent, soap and sports drinks doesn't really paint him as not cheap as well. I think the problem is that Joseph is in fact too much like the Browns and trying to get as much for his talents as he can while the Browns are trying to get as much out of their money as they can. As a fan of the franchise I would much rather have the Texans owner but as a rational person, I can't really fault the Browns for wanting to make as much money as they can.