Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

J Joseph comes out swinging

Featured Replies

Zero sellouts says otherwise.

 

A couple weeks back I heard an employee of the Bengals say that, if they stopped selling tickets then, they would have sold the 4th most season tickets since the move to PBS.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt the Bengals have many problems selling tickets this year.

 

Agreed. I know all kinds of idiots that give the Browns money.

Not even the Steelers game this year is a sellout. How sure are you that the fans come back with winning?

 

I am fairly certain of that considering now that the Steelers and Cowboys games have basically sold out with very limited seats left for those games, and also the Browns game is getting close as well. Remember sell outs usually occur because of season tickets, and so many people dropped them last year because of them thinking they would be the worst team in football. This year they started getting the numbers back up again, and now have two game that will be sell outs already in those two. Then the Browns opener will most likely have the last few tickets it needs sold. Then safe to assume as long as the Bengals dont start the year off horrible, then the games against the likes of the Giants, Broncos will also definitely sell out. People have already started to show that they are coming back, and yet the same owner is in place. Winning cures all, just like if people think they will suck people give up on them and dont want to waste money. The economy being bad hurts it even more from selling even quicker.

I doubt the Bengals have many problems selling tickets this year.

 

So why are they already offering single game tickets?

So why are they already offering single game tickets?

 

Is that unusual? With their home schedule, I'm sure there are many out of town / visiting fans that will want to take a road trip & attend a game.

  • Author
So why are they already offering single game tickets?

 

Exactly. Pittsburgh and Dallas are almost sell outs because they are Pittsburgh and Dallas. Not because of the Bengals fans. They will benefit greatly from their home schedule having good teams. That won't help them win though

Is that unusual? With their home schedule, I'm sure there are many out of town / visiting fans that will want to take a road trip & attend a game.

 

Yes.

Exactly. Pittsburgh and Dallas are almost sell outs because they are Pittsburgh and Dallas. Not because of the Bengals fans. They will benefit greatly from their home schedule having good teams. That won't help them win though

 

Those games were already selling very well before the single game tickets went on sale. Not to mention with the economy the way it is, your not going to have all the season tickets that were dropped last year brought back. However we already started to see it start to go up again pretty quickly even with the bad economy just because now they believe the Bengals will be a good time, when at this time last year most people thought they would suck and some people said they be lucky to win a game. Winning last year has brought the fans coming back, just like if they get off to a good start this year and prove it was no fluke then the rest of the games will have no problem either. Its all about winning if they win fans will keep coming back, even though Mike Brown is still the owner.

I'm surprised so many people are bashing JJ and defending Mike Brown.

 

All it took was a millionaire complaining that his employer didn't give him free soap and gatorade.

All it took was a millionaire complaining that his employer didn't give him free soap and gatorade.

 

Then people need to pay closer attention because what he's saying is that the Bengals millionaires get a lot less than other NFL teams millionaires.

 

I've always found it amusing that the more money you make the more free stuff you get.

All it took was a millionaire complaining that his employer didn't give him free soap and gatorade.

 

I don't think it was a complaint so much as an observation that the Bengals, as an organization, do not offer the same type of benefits & perks to their employees as other organizations around the league.

 

In my mind, Joseph's comments are akin to me taking a new job and realizing how much better my new job is when the new job offers an expense account, better benefits and all the peanut M&M's I can eat...none of which was offered at my old job.

I don't think it was a complaint so much as an observation that the Bengals, as an organization, do not offer the same type of benefits & perks to their employees as other organizations around the league.

 

In my mind, Joseph's comments are akin to me taking a new job and realizing how much better my new job is when the new job offers an expense account, better benefits and all the peanut M&M's I can eat...none of which was offered at my old job.

 

Yeah, and if you were making millions and you talked to a reporter about how at your new job you got peanut M&Ms and other extremely minor perks but at your last job you didn't, and I read the article, I'd think you were an ingrateful, whiney butt too.

:D

 

This is just another reason why I can't stand pro sports. If pro sports completely went away tomorrow, I wouldn't miss them at all.

Yeah, and if you were making millions and you talked to a reporter about how at your new job you got peanut M&Ms and other extremely minor perks but at your last job you didn't, and I read the article, I'd think you were an ingrateful, whiney butt too.

:D

 

This is just another reason why I can't stand pro sports. If pro sports completely went away tomorrow, I wouldn't miss them at all.

 

Everyone knows Mike Brown is cheap. Joseph's comments go to show just how cheap Mikey truly is.

 

Again, I didn't take JJ's comments as complaints. From what I recall, he has had mostly positive things to say about the time he spent in NKY / Cincinnati.

Everyone knows Mike Brown is cheap. Joseph's comments go to show just how cheap Mikey truly is.

 

Again, I didn't take JJ's comments as complaints. From what I recall, he has had mostly positive things to say about the time he spent in NKY / Cincinnati.

 

 

Careful with the gross generalizations. I know Mike Brown and I don't think he is cheap. Is he careful with how he spends money? Sure. So am I. Does he think that his employees getting paid millions of dollars can afford to pay for some of the thinks mentioned by JJ? Yeah. So do I. I've worked with a fair number of pro athletes. Way too many of them were ego centric, self centered, arrogant jerks.

Careful with the gross generalizations. I know Mike Brown and I don't think he is cheap. Is he careful with how he spends money? Sure. So am I. Does he think that his employees getting paid millions of dollars can afford to pay for some of the thinks mentioned by JJ? Yeah. So do I. I've worked with a fair number of pro athletes. Way too many of them were ego centric, self centered, arrogant jerks.

 

When compared to other successful pro sports team owners, he is incredibly cheap. He runs his business in an anachronistic fashion that may have worked for his father -- a man who possessed incredible football knowledge, which Mikey clearly does not have -- but does not fly in this day and age.

 

It's his team, and he's certainly entitled to run the business however he pleases. But expecting consistent on-field success from those methods is unwise. By the same token, Bengals fans are unwise to get their hopes too high, since the Brown family's goals and theirs do not match.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.