What recurring dreams, if any, do you have?

Randy Parker

I had one when I was in high school. I used a dream about a girl sitting down. She was wearing a light-colored shirt and dark pants. In the dream, I never could see her face. I had the dream all through high school. Well, to make a long story short I first met my wife in 1980. I was visiting Richmond for the second time. Well, she gave me some pictures of her. When I got back to St. Louis I looked over the pictures. One of the pictures she gave me was the exact dream I was having. I know as soon as I saw the picture she was the one I was dreaming about. We've now been married for over 35 years. I've never had that dream again.

I’ve always had trouble running in dreams. I’ve tried running to first base, running from trouble, basically all types of running in dreams and I can’t.

Also, I used to have this dream where it was a war (think WWI or II) and I was fighting but it was animated sort of like a Dr. Seuss book. Very strange.

I have noticed some things make me more likely to remember dreams and some things definitely suppress the memories.

I choose suppression.

Nuclear war, probably a product of growing up in the 80s.

I've had the nuclear war one several times. The last one was super weird though, I think because I took a sleeping aid beforehand. Let's just say Keenan Wayans was my step dad and I was a teenager, also I wasn't white. It was definitely out there.

One of my more frequent dreams is also having to shoot someone and my gun won't fire or I physically can't pull the trigger because I'm not strong enough.

I have one where I show up to a class that I have not attended all year. End of the semester is coming and I have done absolutely nothing.

I too have that one. I've even woke up trying to remember why I'd missed so much class only to realize I was just dreaming all of that craziness.

I have one where I show up to a class that I have not attended all year. End of the semester is coming and I have done absolutely nothing.

I have dreamt several variations of this theme.

Also the running dream—where you are trying to get away from something but you are not moving.

And the losing kids in a crowded public place dream.

I've had the nuclear war one several times. The last one was super weird though, I think because I took a sleeping aid beforehand. Let's just say Keenan Wayans was my step dad and I was a teenager, also I wasn't white. It was definitely out there.

One of my more frequent dreams is also having to shoot someone and my gun won't fire or I physically can't pull the trigger because I'm not strong enough.

Scary and melatonin is not my friend.