What's the attendance been like at Sweet 16?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my son noticed that the attendance for the night session wasn’t very good, they could have played in a gym the size of Mason County n still had plenty of seats. Attendance has been down for a long while now and has me wondering if they may not hold it at Rupp Arena much longer! Moving the championship game to Sunday has pretty much killed it, but that’s my opinion!

People are having to work longer in their careers, fewer people are able to retire when they want to, and are there a lot of people who take 3 vacation days this week that don't have a dog in the fight?

I just can't imagine there are as many people as there were many years ago that are willing to give up 3 days to camp out at Rupp that don't have a kid / relative / alma mater in the field.

Listen, I love the Sweet 16 and have attended 30+ games there on weekends, but my kid would have to be playing for me to be there Wednesday or Thursday.

Maybe I'm the weird one.

A lot of school are not as lenient in allowing faculty & staff the opportunity to go. In the past it was encouraged. Today, you have to use sick days, get approval, etc.

I think this says a lot. I see the countless number of people complaining on social media that Campbell County cancelled school for tomorrow (Note: Walton Verona did also).

I think this says a lot. I see the countless number of people complaining on social media that Campbell County cancelled school for tomorrow (Note: Walton Verona did also).

I think it is great that the powers that be at each school canceled so everyone can attend the games if they choose to do so.

People are having to work longer in their careers, fewer people are able to retire when they want to, and are there a lot of people who take 3 vacation days this week that don't have a dog in the fight?

I just can't imagine there are as many people as there were many years ago that are willing to give up 3 days to camp out at Rupp that don't have a kid / relative / alma mater in the field.

Listen, I love the Sweet 16 and have attended 30+ games there on weekends, but my kid would have to be playing for me to be there Wednesday or Thursday.

Maybe I'm the weird one.

Not weird at all.

I went many years in a row and enjoyed it immensely, however since I can now watch online for $10 it's sorta a no brainer that I can easily let my imagination take me there from my memory while I save a load of $$$. I used to do it on a dime as much as I possibly could've, and now I'm really doing it on a dime.

I worry that this rather inexpensive price will increase eventually, so I just hope it's not too much.

People have tossed around lots of ideas as to why the numbers have dropped, and I'm sure that it's a lot of different things. It's disappointing considering its 102 year old history, but the times they are a' changing, and while many like myself are absolute B-Ball junkies, I suppose that for lots others there's other things keeping them preoccupied.