Is Zion Williamson done for the season? Done with college hoops?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

What do you think?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• If his knee allows it, he'll be back this season.
    • Even if his knee allows, he's going to sit out the rest of the season.
    • He's done with college ball. On to the NBA draft.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been an official diagnosis yet or are they still waiting for the MRI?

No matter the extent of the injury, I can't blame him for making a financial decision and calling it quits on the season. Be a shame for college basketball and I hope that isn't the case, but his explosiveness is his money maker.

No matter the extent of the injury, I can't blame him for making a financial decision and calling it quits on the season. Be a shame for college basketball and I hope that isn't the case, but his explosiveness is his money maker.

As of last night, Coach K called it a "mild knee sprain".

I guess as close as any of us could come to his situation would be to have a winning lottery ticket in our wallet but not to have turned it in yet.

In that scenario, I’m doing everything possible to stay safe until the money hits my account.

I guess as close as any of us could come to his situation would be to have a winning lottery ticket in our wallet but not to have turned it in yet.

In that scenario, I’m doing everything possible to stay safe until the money hits my account.

See I don't think there really is any risk financially. He could come back and tear his ACL, and he is still going to be at worst a top 3 pick. He ha shown enough now, that there is no risk. He could come back and get hurt again, and he is going to be a top 3 pick still. Just like a Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons who missed their rookie years, and turned out just fine.

Playing adds to his value. It is a character statement. I think he plays unless he has no choice.

I cannot agree with this. If he keeps playing and does not hurt the knee more, he is the #1 pick. If he shuts it down now, he is the #1 pick. If he keeps playing and really injures it badly (torn ACL for example), he could cost himself the #1 pick (maybe he goes 3-5)...so I see no way continuing to play adds to his value...and I don't think there is one NBA GM who would question his character AT ALL if he shut it down now.

If I was advising him, I would tell him to shut it down. However, selfishly, I hope he keeps playing. I just hope HE makes the call and not others.

I cannot agree with this. If he keeps playing and does not hurt the knee more, he is the #1 pick. If he shuts it down now, he is the #1 pick. If he keeps playing and really injures it badly (torn ACL for example), he could cost himself the #1 pick (maybe he goes 3-5)...so I see no way continuing to play adds to his value...and I don't think there is one NBA GM who would question his character AT ALL if he shut it down now.

If I was advising him, I would tell him to shut it down. However, selfishly, I hope he keeps playing. I just hope HE makes the call and not others.

There is a great chance he can tear his ACL and he still would be the number one pick. Then if by off chance he is not the first pick, he doesn't fall any further than 3. Plus he is still going to get all kinds of endorsement deals, etc. So no there really isn't much financial risk. In sports like football, yes its smart to shut it down. In basketball, it is very rare to have any type of career ending injury.