Kentucky 71 Kansas 63

16thBBall Fan

Strong performances in a difficult stretch for UK. Swept three games from three ranked teams in a row.

Another tough week ahead. Vandy and Florida may not be world beaters, but both places are tough wins to get on the road.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Huge win. Learning how to win games like this are the sign of a great team. This was far from UKs best effort, but they won and did so in relatively convincingly fashion. I’m not a huge college basketball regular season guy as most of you know, but the challenges between conferences is one thing they get right year after year.

I think some of the “ugly” was simply both teams playing great defense and not making anything easy.

With that said I think UK missed quite a few open shots around the rim and also made a few too many telegraphed lobs and other unforced turnovers. The turnover total was only 11 but it’s the unforced variety that drives me crazy. Herro made one that made me cringe with UK up 8 at about the 2 minute mark and KU went straight down and hit a 3 to cut it back to 5. But they got the W and that’s whats matters most.

Rebounding + Defense = Win. This game proved that theory true. U.K. was having a bad shooting game, especially in the first half. What was needed and delivered was tough defense and rebounding by the Cats. Travis and Washington combined to became a force of in this Kentucky win and the two combined for 38 points and 25 rebounds. I really like how this U.K. team is playing, progressing. I know what a lot of people mean by an "ugly win"' but personally, I don't consider any win to be "ugly". I would rather win ugly than take a pretty loss, or an ugly one for that matter :D

Back to the SEC play on Tues. at Vandy, a great town but a rough place to play. GO Cats ….

Another good win. The best part is UK is quickly putting together one of the best resumes in the country and they still aren't even playing their best yet. Cal usually doesnt get them playing their best until mid February.

Duke and Virginia are going to be two of the one seeds in the tourny. Its shaping out now where I believe either UK or Tennesee will be a 1 seed from the Sec, with the other being a 2 seed.