Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 71 Kansas 63

Featured Replies

Strong performances in a difficult stretch for UK. Swept three games from three ranked teams in a row.

 

Another tough week ahead. Vandy and Florida may not be world beaters, but both places are tough wins to get on the road.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Huge win. Learning how to win games like this are the sign of a great team. This was far from UKs best effort, but they won and did so in relatively convincingly fashion. I’m not a huge college basketball regular season guy as most of you know, but the challenges between conferences is one thing they get right year after year.

I’ve come to the conclusion this team isn’t capable of winning “pretty”. They ugly it up but they’re starting to really figure things out and are looking like a team to be reckoned with come March.

I think some of the “ugly” was simply both teams playing great defense and not making anything easy.

 

With that said I think UK missed quite a few open shots around the rim and also made a few too many telegraphed lobs and other unforced turnovers. The turnover total was only 11 but it’s the unforced variety that drives me crazy. Herro made one that made me cringe with UK up 8 at about the 2 minute mark and KU went straight down and hit a 3 to cut it back to 5. But they got the W and that’s whats matters most.

I like the improvement I am seeing in this team. I thought their defense was great tonight. I am starting to believe they could go very deep in the tournament. They have all the pieces, depth at every position and the ability to play and win different ways with this roster.

Rebounding + Defense = Win. This game proved that theory true. U.K. was having a bad shooting game, especially in the first half. What was needed and delivered was tough defense and rebounding by the Cats. Travis and Washington combined to became a force of in this Kentucky win and the two combined for 38 points and 25 rebounds. I really like how this U.K. team is playing, progressing. I know what a lot of people mean by an "ugly win"' but personally, I don't consider any win to be "ugly". I would rather win ugly than take a pretty loss, or an ugly one for that matter :D

 

Back to the SEC play on Tues. at Vandy, a great town but a rough place to play. GO Cats ….

.

Another good win. The best part is UK is quickly putting together one of the best resumes in the country and they still aren't even playing their best yet. Cal usually doesnt get them playing their best until mid February.

 

Duke and Virginia are going to be two of the one seeds in the tourny. Its shaping out now where I believe either UK or Tennesee will be a 1 seed from the Sec, with the other being a 2 seed.

I really like the balance of this team. In an era where everybody is launching 3s this team has a really good balance and looks for the advantages on the court. The are in sync on both ends of the floor right now.

It was a great atmosphere last night. Herro has to stop the lazy passes though. Rebounding was the difference and thank goodness for Travis in the 1st half.

My post was true, with the Cats playing at home they win. Anyway its twisted, this was a major win.

There’s not much you can say in a negative context when winning so keep it up Cats!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.