Kentucky 82 Auburn 80

16thBBall Fan

While the North Carolina game was the most enjoyable one for me that I’ve gotten to watch, I think this may actually have been more impressive. Auburn is no joke, and they were unbeaten at home. I did not think UK would win it if they fell behind, but they pulled it out.

I really haven’t enjoyed watching UK play the last three seasons and I didn’t enjoy watching this team until the North Carolina game. It seems something clicked there and they’ve held on to it. They may make some noise after all.

Great win to take Auburn down at their place. I was disappointed that the Cats lost the 17pt. lead, but I knew that Auburn would make a run. U.K.'s defense was exceptional today. There was a stretch where I thought that they backed off a little on their 3pt. shooters when we got the big lead early in the 2nd half but got that straightened out. I thought that everyone played well, were focused and didn't fold when things got tight down the stretch.

Tyler Herro stepped up with 20 pts, had one of his best games. Johnson had 20 as well, along with Herro … their play was key in winning this one. Any conference win on the road is a good one and beating "tanning bed guy" Bruce Pearl is always fun. That guy's antics on the sidelines, from playing cheerleader with the crowd to his drama acts trying to get an officials calls are Oscar award worthy.

Great win, no time to celebrate …. have Miss. St. coming up on Tues. and Kansas on Sat..

GO BIG BLUE !