Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 82 Auburn 80

Featured Replies

1st road game win in the SEC against a ranked team since 2006. Wow. That's a big win!

 

2013, Ole Miss. But even that was longer than I’d have guessed.

1st road game win in the SEC against a ranked team since 2006. Wow. That's a big win!

 

That can't be right.

 

It's not:

 

1-13-9 @ #24 Tennessee 90-72

2-20-10 @ #17 Vanderbilt 58-56

3-4-12 @ #16 Florida 74-59

1-29-13 @ #16 Ole Miss 87-74

 

The fact that the SEC has been overall pretty bad until recently has really limited the number of times that UK has even played a ranked conference opponent on the road. But they have lost all of those game until yesterday over the last few years.

Great win to take Auburn down at their place. I was disappointed that the Cats lost the 17pt. lead, but I knew that Auburn would make a run. U.K.'s defense was exceptional today. There was a stretch where I thought that they backed off a little on their 3pt. shooters when we got the big lead early in the 2nd half but got that straightened out. I thought that everyone played well, were focused and didn't fold when things got tight down the stretch.

Tyler Herro stepped up with 20 pts, had one of his best games. Johnson had 20 as well, along with Herro … their play was key in winning this one. Any conference win on the road is a good one and beating "tanning bed guy" Bruce Pearl is always fun. That guy's antics on the sidelines, from playing cheerleader with the crowd to his drama acts trying to get an officials calls are Oscar award worthy.

Great win, no time to celebrate …. have Miss. St. coming up on Tues. and Kansas on Sat..

GO BIG BLUE !

 

What's wrong with a coach trying to fire up a crowd?

 

For me personally Pearl would be one of the top 5 guys I would want if Cal left.

What's wrong with a coach trying to fire up a crowd?

 

For me personally Pearl would be one of the top 5 guys I would want if Cal left.

Not as much that, I was talking about how he, imo wants to draw attention to himself. I can't stand the guy. Pearl reminds me of a "snake oil / miracle cure" salesman. Seems like there's ncaa questions, trouble wherever he goes. I wouldn't have him on any list when Cal leaves, (except for that famous "word filter violation" list :D) . That's jmo, I respect yours.

Any time you beat Bruce Pearl, especially at his place, it's a good win.
One of my favorite teams is whoever is playing a Bruce Pearl coached team on any given day.
Not as much that, I was talking about how he, imo wants to draw attention to himself. I can't stand the guy. Pearl reminds me of a "snake oil / miracle cure" salesman. Seems like there's ncaa questions, trouble wherever he goes. I wouldn't have him on any list when Cal leaves, (except for that famous "word filter violation" list :D) . That's jmo, I respect yours.

 

Fair enough. However all the things you just said about him. Were almost the exact same things most people said before Cal came here. Shoot even a lot of UK fans said those same things about Cal before he came here lol.

 

Imo Pearl is not trying to draw attention to himself. He is trying to draw attention and excitement to the school he is at. Which has to happen at the programs he has been at. Think about all the schools he has been at. None of them were known for basketball success. Tennessee and Auburn were pure football schools. Yet he had now made both fun and exciting basketball teams that got the fans excited, that usually only got excited for football. Not only did he get his programs attention and the schools he is at excited again. He also has made them into top 20 basketball programs during his time at the programs.

 

So I definitely understand not liking him. Sometimes there are just people, people dont like lol. However in terms of what is expected of a UK coach. I think he would do a good job. It's not just about coaching bball here at UK, as Billy G found out. You have to do all kinds of other things. Which people like Pitino, Cal very good at. Which I could see him doing the same in that aspect at least.

Fair enough. However all the things you just said about him. Were almost the exact same things most people said before Cal came here. Shoot even a lot of UK fans said those same things about Cal before he came here lol.

 

Imo Pearl is not trying to draw attention to himself. He is trying to draw attention and excitement to the school he is at. Which has to happen at the programs he has been at. Think about all the schools he has been at. None of them were known for basketball success. Tennessee and Auburn were pure football schools. Yet he had now made both fun and exciting basketball teams that got the fans excited, that usually only got excited for football. Not only did he get his programs attention and the schools he is at excited again. He also has made them into top 20 basketball programs during his time at the programs.

 

So I definitely understand not liking him. Sometimes there are just people, people dont like lol. However in terms of what is expected of a UK coach. I think he would do a good job. It's not just about coaching bball here at UK, as Billy G found out. You have to do all kinds of other things. Which people like Pitino, Cal very good at. Which I could see him doing the same in that aspect at least.

 

:thumb: You made some good points. I realize people were saying some of the same on Cal and I would be a liar if I claimed that I didn't have some concerns about Cal at first. I understand your view of Pearl, he is a good coach and more so an excellent motivator and a good fit at an Auburn … a school not known for basketball and wanting to build a program.

I personally wouldn't want him at U.K.. Other than that, I just can't stand the guy. :idunno: :lol2:.

It's not:

 

1-13-9 @ #24 Tennessee 90-72

2-20-10 @ #17 Vanderbilt 58-56

3-4-12 @ #16 Florida 74-59

1-29-13 @ #16 Ole Miss 87-74

 

The fact that the SEC has been overall pretty bad until recently has really limited the number of times that UK has even played a ranked conference opponent on the road. But they have lost all of those game until yesterday over the last few years.

 

Shoot me then. That's what was reported in the newspaper I was reading that day. Oh well, had all of ya researching it. :lol2:

With Gameday being there I think that will have the crowd in even more wild at the start of the game. I do hope that the Rupp crowd starts out loud and maintains that throughout the game. I've seen too many games at Rupp where the crowd only gets loud during a run or big play.

With Gameday being there I think that will have the crowd in even more wild at the start of the game. I do hope that the Rupp crowd starts out loud and maintains that throughout the game. I've seen too many games at Rupp where the crowd only gets loud during a run or big play.

 

Yep that's basically every game. That's why I always say Rupp is no where near one of the toughest places to play in terms of environment. Hopefully as you said this game is different though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.