Kentucky 56 Vanderbillt 47

16thBBall Fan

After Vandy opened up an early 12 pt. lead, U.K. really went to work on defense. Along with the defense, a huge factor was that the Cats out rebounded Vandy (by 17!) and took over the game. Hagans and Johnson led the Cats scoring, Travis grabbed 12 rebounds ! I love the way that Hagans plays the game, his D and passing rubs off on the teams play. Quickley can flat out shoot, score.

A win in conference is a good win. Vandy's zone, delib..0erate on offense made this one look ugly.00

….. Another conference win. On to GA. on Tues. night.0

If their stats are accurate the TV broadcast guys said UK is the worst team in the SEC at guarding the 3-point shot. They’re going to have to correct that if they are to go very far in the tournaments. That’s mainly how teams are playing them close and sometimes beating them. Seton Hall, Alabama, first half last night....teams are utilizing the Great Equalizer very effectively.

This team is not where it needs to be obviously. Yesterday was first time they basically seen zone for a whole game. Struggled with it, but now that's the next thing to work on.

While they still have not reached their potential. They have started to improve in areas they struggled with early. PG play was a big problem early. Hagans first started to lock that down defensively, and now each game he is bringing more offensively too.

The defense which has been the biggest issue. Gave up less than 50 points yesterday. They basically have up only 30 points in the last 35 minutes of the game.

Bench play is starting to produce more. People like Quickley are settling in and bringing some scoring off the bench. Richard's and Montogomery are starting to bring more off the bench. So much so I would like to start seeing them do a painting like Washington and Richard's together and Reid and Montgomery together.

This team is not where it needs to be. But if people look at the big picture, it is getting better in areas that they were weak at. Now just have to put it all together.

Winning while holding a conference opponent to 47 points is a total joke? We must enjoy different type of comedians.

Vandy missed shots they always make, not so sure the defense was that great and the 56 pt production was very comical to me.....very nondeserved win IMO.

Edited by bugatti

Vandy missed shots they always make, not so sure the defense was that great and the 56 pt production was very comical to me.....very nondeserved win IMO

I didn't realize you were such a Vandy fan. That you seen most of their games to know what shots they normally make.

Vandy missed shots they always make, not so sure the defense was that great and the 56 pt production was very comical to me.....very nondeserved win IMO

Score more points

Outrebound opponent by 17

Hold opponent to 36% FG.

I'll take comical wins all day. I don't care what they usually make in games that you didn't watch. I care about what happened in this game. Kentucky still has plenty of things to work on, but if this was a total joke, I'll take another tomorrow night.