Is Melo a sure fire Hall of Famer?

Is Carmelo a Hall of Famer  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is Carmelo a Hall of Famer

• Yes he is a Lock
    • He might slide, in but he is not a lock
    • No...no way, he's not going in.

With OKC looking to unload him any way they can this summer and Melo coming off his worst season ever it looks like his days as an All-Star and focus for a team are over. As they were discussing him on TV today one of the commentators mentioned that he was a Hall of Famer and another one looked at him stragely while the third asked, "Is he a Hall of Famer?"

So BGP is Carmelo Anthony a Hall of Fame Lock at this point in his career?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no. Not in my Hall of Fame at least. Melo has been a great scorer of the basketball most of his career. That is it. Bad on defense, reluctant rebounder, never made teammates better, and only twice in his career (if memory serves) has Melo advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs. He is beloved by many media personalities so I can see where they believe he is a sure thing. Of course the basketball Hall of Fame is strange, so who knows?

For the record, I voted that he is a lock for the hall of fame. I don't necessarily agree that he should be a lock but I for sure think he will get in.

Exactly.

The Basketball HOF does encompass more than a NBA career. It is not the NBA Hall of Fame. So on those grounds, when you include college and Olympic basketball, Melo has a stronger case.

I think why people are so down on Melo is because he under performed expectations. But as someone said earlier it's the basketball HOF and not the NBA , so based on Syracuse, International play and the NBA he is a lock. What ruined Melo's career was forcing the trade to the Knicks.

Carmelo,Dwight Howard, Vince Carter are all tweeners, but should all get in.

Dwight is a no brainer. His attitude and fall off is what leaves him out of different lists. But his numbers, All NBA teams , All Star games , DPOY , he is first Ballot.