Jared Wellman transfers to GRC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The KHSAA transfer rule does not apply since he has not yet enrolled and played a varsity sport as a ninth grader.

I might not be 100% correct on this, but I had heard that Kelly Wells reasoning for putting Darius Miller in game at the end of the 2004 State Championship Game (he was an 8th grader that year) was so he would have to sit out a year if he decided to transfer someplace else. Did KHSAA do something to change that or was it just false information on my end?

Everyone has their own opinions, and rightfully so. But this is an 8th grader, who played varsity basketball. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if he was an 8th grader who played middle school basketball, or just freshman basketball at that. To each his own though.

I think some will see this as a trend though with GRC's head coach. Left Lawrence Co to go to Mercer Co and had a major transfer come in there. Now the trend has continued going to GRC.

Just my two cents however. IMO, why can't places win with what they have? Does it really mean as much if it isn't home grown talent that helps you achieve success?

I might not be 100% correct on this, but I had heard that Kelly Wells reasoning for putting Darius Miller in game at the end of the 2004 State Championship Game (he was an 8th grader that year) was so he would have to sit out a year if he decided to transfer someplace else. Did KHSAA do something to change that or was it just false information on my end?

I don't know when the KHSAA adopted the current by-law.

First, with all due respect to Lawrence County (and I have many friends and worked for several years in that county) is it beyond belief that perhaps Winchester offers more for their family? Nah, just a basketball factory. What's their record been the past few seasons anyway?

First, with all due respect to Lawrence County (and I have many friends and worked for several years in that county) is it beyond belief that perhaps Winchester offers more for their family? Nah, just a basketball factory. What's their record been the past few seasons anyway?

Lawrence Co was 22-12 in 16-17, 29-5 in 15-16, and 23-10 in 14-15. GRC was 20-13 in 16-17, 15-15 in 15-16, and 19-10 in 14-15. The next several years look very promising for the Cardinals.