Jared Wellman transfers to GRC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRC didn't look as good as I expected at South Laurel the other day. You can tell they have the pieces for sure. You could tell they been putting some time in cause under a new coach they already had their sets and plays in. North Laurel beat them with three starters not playing and South tied them with one starter and 6th man gone on vacation.

Cook was the coach there all last season though and his whole team

Returned with the additions of Canada and Wellman so them being able to run sets etc isn't to surprising

Went and watched us play Woodford Co and Collins' .

We beat Woodford Co 72 -49.J Johnson did not play. On baseball team that won 10th region. Jordan Graham. Out with a ankle injury.

#1 for Woodford is a very good player and is only a Sophomore. Philpot has really improved his ball handling and speed. Canada looked good but will get better when he learns our system. The 8th grader has talent. GRC plays fast and shared the ball well.

We beat Collins 54 - 51. Very exciting game. #12 is a scorer any where on the floor. Nice player. #20 is very athletic loved his hussle.

What position does Wellman play? Can he shoot?

GRC didn't look as good as I expected at South Laurel the other day. You can tell they have the pieces for sure. You could tell they been putting some time in cause under a new coach they already had their sets and plays in. North Laurel beat them with three starters not playing and South tied them with one starter and 6th man gone on vacation.

GRC had 2 starters out in Graham and Johnson. I was told we really stuck in those games.

We looked good against Woodford and Collins with Graham and Johnson still out.

Summer ball means about as much as summer love. Ignore summer results
that pretty much sums it up. Summer is a good time to see if any of your kids that ain't got many mins in the past are ready but some coaches do that and some just play there too 8-9.

What position does Wellman play? Can he shoot?
he is a two guard from what I seen. Just seen one game last year and 2 this summer which he didn't get many mins. The mins he played he played well. Grc is loaded that's for sure I don't know where the kid fits in this year. If he hangs around he gets big time mins next year.