Jared Wellman transfers to GRC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they had a transfer either from Holmes, Newport or maybe even Holy Cross. Does Pouncey sound right from you NKY guys?? Not sure exactly, but I believe Scott High had at least one transfer on their 2017 Final Four team.

It just sounds like a normal last name to me...

I might not be 100% correct on this, but I had heard that Kelly Wells reasoning for putting Darius Miller in game at the end of the 2004 State Championship Game (he was an 8th grader that year) was so he would have to sit out a year if he decided to transfer someplace else. Did KHSAA do something to change that or was it just false information on my end?

False. The rule has only applied to HS students.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....people complain the loudest when transfers don't choose their school. Let a transfer who can help their team inmediately transfer in to the school and the welcome wagon is rolled out to them to welcome them to the family.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....people complain the loudest when transfers don't choose their school. Let a transfer who can help their team inmediately transfer in to the school and the welcome wagon is rolled out to them to welcome them to the family.

Nah.....I don't have "a school." I just root for the ones that win with their own kids without "acquiring" players. But if you can't work hard enough to beat them, take the easy way out and join them!---the new way of the world!!!

Before this thread goes any further I need everyone to be especially mindful of Rule 4 of the BluegrassPreps.com Terms of Service:

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

This will be the last warning and it is imperative that everyone be mindful of Rule 4 as well as the other rules in the Terms of Service.

Here is a link to the Terms of Service in case you need a refresher of the rules:

http://bluegrasspreps.com/terms-info.html

Thank you.

Kid can play has potential to be pretty dang good. Did he transfer bc of cook? Absolutely. Does it matter? Doubtful bc they will move. Honestly I don't blame him LC isn't going to be very good at all. His family is trying to put him in best situation possible.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule 4

Agree 100% PP. Especially if their team is a contender. GRC will be ranked #1 in region without any transfers. We had no Seniors last year and had 3 players in the top 10 in region.

Negative. The Pouncy kid went to Woodland which is the middle school on the same campus as Scott. If anything, they had kids leave and go to other schools rather than Scott.

Right, I believe Ty Houston (Holy Cross) and Dieonte Miles (WV) were both Woodland Middle School kids. Add them to that Scott team and they may have won the tournament. Both had very good sophomore years at their respective schools.

Right, I believe Ty Houston (Holy Cross) and Dieonte Miles (WV) were both Woodland Middle School kids. Add them to that Scott team and they may have won the tournament. Both had very good sophomore years at their respective schools.

I also believe LJ Miller (Holmes) and Isiah Voet (Lloyd) went to Woodland. I could be wrong but am almost positive they both went to Woodland.

I think someone else said it too. But has anyone bothered to see if his parents were transferred? Or if they were looking for work? It's not as if he was living in a metropolis. They moved somewhere that might be better for everyone, not even just him...