76th annual Kentucky vs. Indiana All-Star Games

The 76th annual Kentucky vs. Indiana All-Star Game will be played on Sunday June 12th at Bellarmine University. The Girls will play at 1pm and the Boys at 3:30pm.

Tickets are $12 and can be ordered at bluegrasssports.org or by calling 859-286-5152. They will be on sale for $15 at the door.

The 2016 Boys Kentucky All-Star team is Coached by Wayne Breeden, Rodney Woods, Dom Fucci and Bart Rison:

Trey Blevins, Wayne County

Alex Cook, Male

Tyrik Edwards, Christian County

Mason Faulkner, Caverna

Quentin Goodin, Taylor County

Connor McKim, St. Xavier

Tyler Sharpe, Bullitt East

Caleb Taylor, South Laurel

Isaiah Tisdale, Henry Clay

Ben Weyer, Newport Central Catholic

Carson Williams, Owen County

Darius Williams, Paul Laurence Dunbar

Matt Wilson, Campbell County

The 2016 Girls Kentucky All-Star team is Coached by Mike Harper, Larry Just, Ryan Groves and Tom Foust:

Mikayla Berry, Owensboro Catholic

Erin Boley, Elizabethtown

Kaylee Cotton, McCreary Central

Whitney Creech, Jenkins

Samantha Fitzgerald, Southwestern

Malaka Frank, Franklin County

Bree Glover, Glasgow

I’Liyah Green, Male

Justus Martin, Shelby County

Dajah McClendon, Covington Holy Cross

Sarah Price, Bath County

Oneisha Turner, Bowling Green

Emma Young, East Jessamine

The teams will play in a scrimmage on Thursday June 9th at 6:30pm. The Boys will scrimmage at Owen County High School and the Girls will scrimmage at Elizabethtown High School.

The teams will play against the top underclassman in Kentucky. Tickets for the scrimmages are $8 and will be available at the door.

If coaches are interested in bringing their teams to the All-Star Game on Sunday, group tickets of 20 or more, will be discounted $2 per ticket by the KABC. Those tickets are available by calling the Bluegrass Sports Commission at 859-286-5152.

Does the Ky All-star team have a remote chance to win either game? On paper it appears to be lopsided in Indiana's favor. I believe Coach Breeden needs to coach both games like a real game and not an all-star game. Play the best 8 players only. Establish roles for each one of these kids. If they veer out of their role during the game then sit them. They are not children. It would be nice to beat Indiana one time.

It is very sad that this thread doesn't get any attention. Goes to show why the game is down. No one seems to care at all about it. Makes you wonder why we even have it anymore? I feel sorry for ALL the players that work their tales off in hopes to make this game because there is hardly any support for it. :idunno:

More reasons than that. I think the biggest one is when the Louisville Courier-Journal dropped sponsorship of the event. (I think the Indianapolis Star is still a main sponsor for the other side.) For the Kentucky Lions Club to try to run this big a deal is impossible. As good a people as those guys are and as much good as they do, public relations to this degree is not their strong suit. You can't beat the publicity that the major newspaper in a state provides.

True, newspapers are not as "important" as they once were, but this situation still gives Indiana a tremendous advantage.

More reasons than that. I think the biggest one is when the Louisville Courier-Journal dropped sponsorship of the event. (I think the Indianapolis Star is still a main sponsor for the other side.) For the Kentucky Lions Club to try to run this big a deal is impossible. As good a people as those guys are and as much good as they do, public relations to this degree is not their strong suit. You can't beat the publicity that the major newspaper in a state provides.

True, newspapers are not as "important" as they once were, but this situation still gives Indiana a tremendous advantage.

That is a great point. There definitely isn't any build up to this game in Kentucky.

I'm almost certain The Courier-Journal never was a sponsor of this game. I do know the Lions Club and Lions Eye Foundation has been the primary sponsor on the Kentucky side back to the 1960s.

EDIT: Bob White confirms The C-J never sponsored the event. So, don't go blaming it on us!!! :jump:

I'm almost certain The Courier-Journal never was a sponsor of this game. I do know the Lions Club and Lions Eye Foundation has been the primary sponsor on the Kentucky side back to the 1960s.

EDIT: Bob White confirms The C-J never sponsored the event. So, don't go blaming it on us!!! :jump:

Well I'll be darned. If I were a bettor, I could have lost a lot of money on that one.

Thanks for the info Jason...and for confirming it with Bob White. Can't argue with that.

On a related note, the Indianapolis Star is still the main sponsor for the Hoosiers. Got to believe all the publicity that generates each year is a big plus for their side...and at least a partial reason that 6,500 folks saw the game in Indianapolis last year while only 800 attended the game in Kentucky.

On a related note, the Indianapolis Star is still the main sponsor for the Hoosiers. Got to believe all the publicity that generates each year is a big plus for their side...and at least a partial reason that 6,500 folks saw the game in Indianapolis last year while only 800 attended the game in Kentucky.

It's the old chicken-egg argument: Is there less coverage because people no longer care, or do people no longer care because there's less coverage?

Lack of Coverage, Moving the venue numerous times, and not being competitive all contribute to the issue. IMO they need to make a big deal about the players that were selected, promote the heck out of it, and play it in Memorial.

The reason for the Indiana dominance in the games is numbers. Indiana has 6.7 million people compared to Kentucky's 4.4 million, plus more metropolitan areas with promotion of basketball activities. And Indiana's dominance is the main reason for their better attendance over Kentucky.