The Bengals are -7 over the Panthers...

You would like to think the Bengals respond well at home after being humiliated on national TV similar to the way the Patriots did. I would probably stay away from this game unless Jones and Burfict are back. Olsen is coming off a huge game and I expect another one especially without Burfict. Bengals are terrible at defending the TE.

is that about right?

Let me state this upfront, I do not gamble except the occasional one dollar bet with a friend or first beer. With that said, I lay the points this week and take the Bengals.

Everyone?

Lay the points...NFL is a week to week league. Like the Pats last week, being embarrassed on national TV will provide a big incentive to the Bengals this coming week. I would not be surprised if they whip the Panthers by 14+, especially at home.

Outside of Seattle, they have the best home field advantage and their home field run during the regular season is THE best in football right now. The Bengals have won 10 in a row at home straight up AND against the spread during the regular season.

I'm surprised the line is this high. This is my pick this week for the "someone might know something you don't pick. Carolina is pretty good this season. Maybe this line is thrown out like it is now, and we see some serious movement on it. Sharp betters (i.e., no one any of us knows) won't lay their money until the last minute on most occasions, and that's why you see major shifts in Vegas lines.

My Pick there the last 2 weeks:

Minnesota -3 over Atlanta

New England +1 over Cincinnati

"Fading the public" isn't a bad strategy, and the public usually puts lots of stock into prime time performances (i.e., New England last week, Cincinnati this week) and/or high scoring teams (i.e., the Eagles, Broncos, etc.)