Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Bengals are -7 over the Panthers...

Featured Replies

Perhaps, but legendary cheerleader with an awful hairdo and hat last week. Any change to that status?

 

They expect him to be ready this week but I believe he still has to go through concussion protocol.

I'm surprised the line is this high. This is my pick this week for the "someone might know something you don't pick. Carolina is pretty good this season. Maybe this line is thrown out like it is now, and we see some serious movement on it. Sharp betters (i.e., no one any of us knows) won't lay their money until the last minute on most occasions, and that's why you see major shifts in Vegas lines.

 

 

My Pick there the last 2 weeks:

 

Minnesota -3 over Atlanta

New England +1 over Cincinnati

 

 

"Fading the public" isn't a bad strategy, and the public usually puts lots of stock into prime time performances (i.e., New England last week, Cincinnati this week) and/or high scoring teams (i.e., the Eagles, Broncos, etc.)

 

Check the gambling thread, the "public" is hitting at about 33% when 60% or more are on one side. The public won for the first time in 5 weeks in the NFL this week, however, 59% were on the Bengals.

Check the gambling thread, the "public" is hitting at about 33% when 60% or more are on one side. The public won for the first time in 5 weeks in the NFL this week, however, 59% were on the Bengals.

 

Exactly, that's why you "fade" the public. Let the public bet up the line on one side and jump in on the other at the peak of the point spread.

The New England pick was a very easy one. No one should have lost money on that one. Seven seems a lot of points for that team I saw last night. I still have not been very inmpressed with much I have seen through four games.

 

You haven't been impressed by the Bengals? Have you watched any of the games outside of New England??

  • Author

Looks like the line has moved slightly to 6.5.

 

I guess Green is worth half a point.

I think it might settle at 5.5 - 6. The Panthers offense just doesn't make most hopeful. I believe it should be 3 - 4. If I bet and I don't, I would take the Panthers unless it gets under 3.

  • Author

With Green and Burfict playing I like the Bengals by 14.

 

Even without Green I still really like the Bengals in this one.

With Green and Burfict playing I like the Bengals by 14. Even without Green I still really like the Bengals in this one.

 

No way I'm taking the Bengals -14 under any circumstances.

  • Author
No way I'm taking the Bengals -14 under any circumstances.

 

Me either and I don't gamble but I think a healthy Bengal squad is much much better than Carolina.

Carolina just really struggled against both the Steelers and Ravens. The Bengals are better than both, but, as we all know, the NFL is extremely unpredictable. And it is always about when you play somebody.

Me either and I don't gamble but I think a healthy Bengal squad is much much better than Carolina.

 

Agree with that but 14 points in the NFL is A LOT.

  • Author
Agree with that but 14 points in the NFL is A LOT.

 

I wouldn't make the line 14. I would probably have to go 8 and feel I had a near lock.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.