The Bengals are -7 over the Panthers...

I'm surprised the line is this high. This is my pick this week for the "someone might know something you don't pick. Carolina is pretty good this season. Maybe this line is thrown out like it is now, and we see some serious movement on it. Sharp betters (i.e., no one any of us knows) won't lay their money until the last minute on most occasions, and that's why you see major shifts in Vegas lines.

My Pick there the last 2 weeks:

Minnesota -3 over Atlanta

New England +1 over Cincinnati

"Fading the public" isn't a bad strategy, and the public usually puts lots of stock into prime time performances (i.e., New England last week, Cincinnati this week) and/or high scoring teams (i.e., the Eagles, Broncos, etc.)

Check the gambling thread, the "public" is hitting at about 33% when 60% or more are on one side. The public won for the first time in 5 weeks in the NFL this week, however, 59% were on the Bengals.

Check the gambling thread, the "public" is hitting at about 33% when 60% or more are on one side. The public won for the first time in 5 weeks in the NFL this week, however, 59% were on the Bengals.

Exactly, that's why you "fade" the public. Let the public bet up the line on one side and jump in on the other at the peak of the point spread.

The New England pick was a very easy one. No one should have lost money on that one. Seven seems a lot of points for that team I saw last night. I still have not been very inmpressed with much I have seen through four games.

You haven't been impressed by the Bengals? Have you watched any of the games outside of New England??