All A State Championship or 9th Region Title

Congratulations to the NCC Breds on a great run to win the All A Championship. Well deserved! Now for a question for the sake of curiosity. If you could win either the All A Championship OR punch a ticket to Rupp Arena by winning the 9th Region, which would you choose and why?

Getting to Rupp has to be the ultimate regional goal. All "A" is a great accomplishment, but I believe those kids want to play at Rupp more. Generally, if you are good enough to win the All "A", you are good enough to get to Rupp.

Well said Maniac! :thumb:

Coming from a small school I would say winning the All A is better than just going to Rupp. Winning the All A completes the road to Frankfort. By winning the Regional, and getting beat your first game in Rupp, it leaves a feeling of unfinished business.

For many regions, that championship alone is an outstanding accomplishment. Let's use the 15th this season as an example. They face the 7th right out of the gate, and that's likely not gonna go well in Lex. So, I think that whomever wins that region has to feel great about being one of the last 16 standing. Just getting to that stage, regardless of outcome is remarkable. That's why I think it's the greatest show in hoops.

At NCC there are always 3 goals at the start of the year.

1. Winning the 9th Region All A Regional

2. Winning an All A state championship

3. Refocusing and winning the 9th Region title and heading to Rupp.

That is exactly what the players were discussing on their way home from Frankfort on the bus. 9th region runner ups the last 2 years hasnt sat well with this senior class. They want it bad.

Maybe someone smarter than me who has access to some info could answer a question: I'm curious as to how many teams have won their All A region and then gone on to win their region at end of the year and got to play at Rupp. It seems to me that playing in a big tourney mid season with good crowds can do nothing but help you get ready for the tourney at the end of the year and prepare you for the pressure.

Also, how long has the All A been in existence and did they start it in baseball the same year?