As a kid, what was your favorite summer activity?

Randy Parker

1st to 5th grade, bike riding and exploring the woods.

6th grade on...

Mowing 6 or 7 yards a week with a push mower.

Putting up hay in the barn.

But seriously, when not working. ..

Whiffle Ball, Fishing, more Whiffle Ball and more Fishing.

Flashlight tag/hide and seek throughout the neighborhood were great, had(and still have) some legendary wiffleball games/home run derbies, pickup and later, pool basketball, and 4-wheeling at my grandmas were all fun...

But they all pale in comparison to checking out my babysitters every day at their pool in the summer.

Lots to choose from here, but I will go with playing Flashlight Tag with neighborhood friends.

What about you?

Came here to post exactly this. We had a standing appointment up at a friend's house on top of our hill at about 8:30 PM.

Sandlot baseball with my friends.

For sure, this is it for me. We'd meet at 10:00 AM at the diamond, usually 10-12 guys, right field was an "out", and we'd play until dinner. One of the neighborhood moms would bring over sandwiches, chips, and cans of coke (can you imagine doing that now, an actual can of Coke?) around lunch time. The BEST memories.

For sure, this is it for me. We'd meet at 10:00 AM at the diamond, usually 10-12 guys, right field was an "out", and we'd play until dinner. One of the neighborhood moms would bring over sandwiches, chips, and cans of coke (can you imagine doing that now, an actual can of Coke?) around lunch time. The BEST memories.

Yep, right field was an out! Neighbor's fence in left field was just the right distance away for a home run. We did bat flips before they were cool!

Like nkypete, playing baseball (or any sport) whenever and where ever we could. Never had a problem getting up a game back in the day. We even played ball in the dirt areas under expressway between Willow Run and Bullock in Covington once I-75 was put through. Also, getting on my bike and going up to Devou Park to fish, catch crawdads, look for golf balls, swing on the vines, just goof around with friends.