Highlands 28 Covington Catholic 14

Birdsfan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully when Buckley gets back, they will be able to get that yard they need on short-yardage situations. They had 3 or 4, 3rd and 1 oppts. and couldn't get it.

The Colonels continue to improve though, they played well for the most part. I hope Punch is ok, he had some nice catches early in the game.

Hopefully when Buckley gets back, they will be able to get that yard they need on short-yardage situations. They had 3 or 4, 3rd and 1 oppts. and couldn't get it.

The Colonels continue to improve though, they played well for the most part. I hope Punch is ok, he had some nice catches early in the game.

Coach needs to invoke a QB sneak when it is 3 and 1 or less. I can remember at least two times when Highlands came up big and made a stop to force a punt stopping Colonel drives.

Coach needs to invoke a QB sneak when it is 3 and 1 or less. I can remember at least two times when Highlands came up big and made a stop to force a punt stopping Colonel drives.

QB sneak would be great. You have a QB that is bigger than 90% of the players on the field and this cuts out the risk of a fumble on the hand off.

Birds have to cut down on penelties...I don't know if they were deserved or not and I don't really care...All I know is the only thing that kept Dixie in the game was the six...THAT'S RIGHT...six 3rd down conversions Dixie got after the Birds had stopped them, thanks to those little yellow flags. Stop the penelties guys and you can't be stopped!

Two TD's called back today.

I don't think he was hurt, I think he got a little overheated and dehydrated. Lots of the kids were feeling the effect of the heat.

Watching it on TV, it looked like the CovCath kids, in their all blue, had taken the field after going swimming. Very few dry spots anywhere on there uni's.

Was stuck at work today, so I couldn't attend the game, but I am watching it on ICN6 as I type. When Buckley comes back, and if he come back as the same player as when he got hurt, this CovCath team will surprise some.... Go Colonels....

Sounds like the Colonels showed some pride on their home field as they kept the score somewhat close. I wasnt there nor did I watch it so I cant speak for why it was closer than most thought. However, I did look at the updates on BGP and the Birds had a couple costly penalties as well as two fumbles lost by the same back which is uncharacteristic. A win is a win....keep it going Birds 15-0 and #17 is what your goal is this year.

Was not impressed with the play of HHS in this one. Their best offensive play seemed to be throwing the ball up into double coverage and letting Draper (sp?) go up and get it. The CovCath defenders seemed to have great position on the throws, but just didn't make a play. Kudos to Mr. Draper for doing just that. Honestly, I just expected more out of my first time seeing the Bluebirds this year. I got the feeling that both sides may have been "holding back" a little bit. Anyone else get that feeling?