Highlands 28 Covington Catholic 14

Birdsfan

cshs 81, I didn't mean to panic. I think you missed understood what I'm saying. Coach Brossart knows where this program can go. Not saying that this team is not like others. We just know where we can go and we want to help as much as we can. That's a good thing. That's all. We want to let them, the players know, what it means to us and that we want to help. That's it. We'll be just fine. No panic in this Colonel.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cshs 81, I didn't mean to panic. I think you missed understood what I'm saying. Coach Brossart knows where this program can go. Not saying that this team is not like others. We just know where we can go and we want to help as much as we can. That's a good thing. That's all. We want to let them, the players know, what it means to us and that we want to help. That's it. We'll be just fine. No panic in this Colonel.

When you say "where this program can go" what are you meaning? I look at a program is that is top notch and well respected throughout the state and even across the Ohio River which is not easy to attain.

Where can it go?

Hey guys, Cris didn't say anything. Let's get that straight. All I was saying was I could've been a fool and talked smack. I'm just saying, as you get older and realize some things, there would be no reason to start anything. Somethings you did in high school, you now realize we're just childish and foolish. I'm with you guys here. I think you guys just misunderstood my post. I'm not saying anything happened. Everyone was great as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying CCH should panic. Was just stating that we as alums care and want to help anyway we can. That's all. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Just remember you guys have to travel to Ft Thomas next year in the 2nd of a 2 year agreement. I wouldn't give Dale more of a reason to pound on you next time around. He wasn't too happy the way one of your coaches acted after the Freshman game at Highlands. Good luck the next time around.

Are you serious, who is Dale the Godfather?

Hey guys, Cris didn't say anything. Let's get that straight. All I was saying was I could've been a fool and talked smack. I'm just saying, as you get older and realize some things, there would be no reason to start anything. Somethings you did in high school, you now realize we're just childish and foolish. I'm with you guys here. I think you guys just misunderstood my post. I'm not saying anything happened. Everyone was great as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying CCH should panic. Was just stating that we as alums care and want to help anyway we can. That's all. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for clearing that up.:thumb:

cshs81, I just believe in my heart that we can get to where Highlands is. And that's saying a lot about HHS. I respect them tremendously. Even have friends from there. CCH has the resources to be where Highlands is. That's all i'm saying.

Gotcha.

I don't think it has anything to do with the weight room or facilities at all.

One big challenge is getting kids who want to come to the school and pay $6000 annually. If your #1 priority is not the school itself you have some great alternatives for a combination of academics and football with little cash coming out of your pocket.

THAT is the #1 challenge IMO.

cshs81, I like ya bud......I agree it's tough. But just to let you guys know, I'm not new around here. I've been reading this board since it started in 2001, just never posted on here much. Always liked sitting back and hearing people's perspectives. Also had an old account, Colonel4Life, yet in past year haven't been on here as much so that account got deleted I guess. If you remember, I sent pictures in from my tour overseas two summers ago. Just wanted to clear that up. Don't want people to think I'm some young punk running my mouth. I want to get along with everyone and I do really enjoy reading this.

cshs81, I like ya bud......I agree it's tough. But just to let you guys know, I'm not new around here. I've been reading this board since it started in 2001, just never posted on here much. Always liked sitting back and hearing people's perspectives. Also had an old account, Colonel4Life, yet in past year haven't been on here as much so that account got deleted I guess. If you remember, I sent pictures in from my tour overseas two summers ago. Just wanted to clear that up. Don't want people to think I'm some young punk running my mouth. I want to get along with everyone and I do really enjoy reading this.

Sure, I remember you. Good to have you back.

Its obvious you're not a mouth-runner from your posts.

For some reason, it seems you think I have a problem with your posts. Completely false. Its just that I wasnt clear on what you meant and was simply looking for clarifications instead of assuming something incorrectly.

Ditto on the thanks for clearing that up.

I'm with my friend 81. CovCath football is in great shape. Because of last year's dominant senior class, this year's team is pretty inexperienced at a lot of positions. But based on what I saw, they certainly have the talent and size (man, were some of those linemen big). If Buckley can come back and play up to his abilities and the line and qb keep developing, CovCath will be very good come the playoffs. And I like your coaching staff. I think they did a great job on Saturday. You've got some keepers there. Here's to many more good battles between the Birds and the Colonels over the upcoming years.

leatherneck,

I have tremendous respect for everyone on here as well as HHS as a school and as an athletic program. I'm with you on the toast. Take care.

Take care right back at you. I'm glad you are back safe and sound. And I love your passion for CovCath football. That's good stuff.

Ditto on the thanks for clearing that up.

I'm with my friend 81. CovCath football is in great shape. Because of last year's dominant senior class, this year's team is pretty inexperienced at a lot of positions. But based on what I saw, they certainly have the talent and size (man, were some of those linemen big). If Buckley can come back and play up to his abilities and the line and qb keep developing, CovCath will be very good come the playoffs. And I like your coaching staff. I think they did a great job on Saturday. You've got some keepers there. Here's to many more good battles between the Birds and the Colonels over the upcoming years.

I am sure many in Ft. Thomas like them a whole lot better than the last staff. :laugh: