Highlands 28 Covington Catholic 14

Birdsfan

Those CCH boosters really know how to do it right. not many places in NKY where you can get a grilled burger, mett or brat with all the fixins including sauteed peppers onions and mushrooms. Beats the boiled dogs or cold pizza served in Ft Thomas. The Birds have the better team this year but the Colonels are head and shoulders above when it comes to concessions.

If we're talking variety and quality of food, then Dixie wins hands down. I think the people in Ft Thomas don't mind making that concession.:D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those CCH boosters really know how to do it right. not many places in NKY where you can get a grilled burger, mett or brat with all the fixins including sauteed peppers onions and mushrooms. Beats the boiled dogs or cold pizza served in Ft Thomas. The Birds have the better team this year but the Colonels are head and shoulders above when it comes to concessions.

I will take the better Program over better concessions any day of the week.:rolleyes:

Now that we are all well fed:banana: Not sure I agree with those who think the CCH coaching staff did a great job. They were able to keep the game close but the offensive gameplan is very predictable and painfully conservative. Don't know about years past and with Buckley out, don't see how this team will move on with the run game they have displayed over the last few weeks. Even against Scott they did not dominate in the running game. I posted this on another thread but anybody hearing if VanSant will be on the offensive side of the ball this season?

All I know is that it was hotter than the sun out there that day. I also think that Cov Cath D played a great game coming in there in the majority of the first half and smashing Highlands in the mouth and hanging tough with them for a little while atleast. In the end, I think Highlands appeared to be the better conditioned team. That QB for Cov Cath looked like Jarred Lorenzen out there. He was HUGE! Pretty decent arm too!

I was agreeing with you until you mentioned Collinsworth. Why would you choose him to "smart off" to? If you are insinuating that Collinsworth said something to upset you, not buying it. You were upset because you lost, not because of anything Cris could have said. Cris, of anyone, is always complimentary to all the kids on the teams and to everyone he encounters. Never hear him say anything negative about anyone. Always has a positive word and many times to the opposing players.

I will agree that all teams have obnoxious and inconsiderate fans, Collinsworth is certainly not one of them.

No comment. A fine man's reputation cleared! Thanks to all!