Very serious weather situation!

nWo

I never understood this. Many of these kids (at least at my school) are safer at school than they are at home!
I don't think its being safer at school as it is being on the bus during a tornatic storm.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understood the storms won't fire up until closer to 3 or 4. The problem we are facing is that we are getting a break for a few hours and that is causing the temperatures to rise and that is prime for firing up storms.

I never understood this. Many of these kids (at least at my school) are safer at school than they are at home!

Me either. I really don't want my son at home alone during weather that appears to be this serious. My wife and I are in Mercer County at work and he is home in Boyle County. Makes me uncomfortable.

I understood the storms won't fire up until closer to 3 or 4. The problem we are facing is that we are getting a break for a few hours and that is causing the temperatures to rise and that is prime for firing up storms.

You are correct.

Girlfriend driving is all I needed to see!

Haha she's got a jeep wrangler all I need her to do is keep driving, that thing will go just about any where. I'm mostly just uncomfortable with being in Ft. Wright if it does get bad, not too many great places to seek shelter if it really get's wild.

One thing I heard this morning that blew my mind... They talked about how tonight they could look at the radar and you could have nothing and 10 minutes later a cell would pop up and you would be under a warning.

I usually don't get bothered by severe weather warnings and whatnot, but this one has me worried for some reason. Probably because everyone is making a huge deal about it. I hope that's it.