Very serious weather situation!

nWo

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My son found this bankslip in our backyard in Hebron KY. I looked this bank up and they do have a branch in Henrysville IN. Anyone know if that bank was destroyed or damaged?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35976[/ATTACH]

I don't know if the bank was destroyed or damaged. We tried to go there today to check on MrRk's cousin and they were only allowing emergency workers in.

I took a load of clothes, water, food, toys, and toiletries up to the Indepence city building yesterday. We got there just before they were about to leave. They had a dump truck full of food and water and a small box truck loaded from floor to ceiling with clothes. They pulled out in front of us, so we figured we'd follow. The drop point was the church on 17 in Piner. The place was packed and loaded with donations. It was good to see. However, I heard that some people that took slightly used clothes directly to the church were told that they were only accepting new clothes. I hope they changed that quickly, or the person telling people that was informed correctly.

We continued the drive down 17, but it was closed right before the location where the tornado crossed. We worked our way over to 75 and went down to Crittenden. You can see exactly where it crossed 75. The trees are just snapped in half or uprooted. Their is a subdivision on the west side of 75 that was hit, but not as hard as the east side. Parts of roofs missing and nearly everyone missing siding. As I came back over to the east side, they had 25 closed, so you couldn't see the homes on that side. I worked my way through the back roads over to Demossville. That's when I realized how close it was to my parents' house. A quarter to a half mile south, and they would've been right in the path of it. 17 was still closed at that point, so I went down Fiskburg. The devastation is unreal. Houses and barns are destroyed. Cars laying on their tops. Debris everywhere. A different feeling hits you when you actually see it in person.

Wow Glad your parents were spared. I can imagine those folks are going to need a lot of support for a while.

I hate to say this after seeing the damage and knowing lives were lost, but the area is fortunate the storm turned when it did. If it had stayed on path or turned a few miles north, we would be dealing with 10 times the damage and lives lost as it would've hit much more populated areas.

We were blessed by God here in Richmond and the rest of Madison County. I know of at least two funnel clouds in Richmond and one in Berea. One of those in Richmond was about a mile away from where I live. We prayed at church today for those who were affected by the storms and those who lost a loved one.

My son found this bankslip in our backyard in Hebron KY. I looked this bank up and they do have a branch in Henrysville IN. Anyone know if that bank was destroyed or damaged?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35976[/ATTACH]

MrRk and I went to Henryville today to drop off a truck load of supplies that we bought. We didn't think they would let us through and had just hoped they would take the supplies to the church for us. To our surprise they let us go on into town and when you look at the pictures of this small town on your tv or in the newspapers....please know this...it is much worse than it looks. It made me sick to see the total destruction and it made my heart smile to see all the people out there trying to help this town. God bless all of these first responders and all the other people out there trying to help put this town back together.

Oops I forgot ....the bank is still there...

I took a load of clothes, water, food, toys, and toiletries up to the Indepence city building yesterday. We got there just before they were about to leave. They had a dump truck full of food and water and a small box truck loaded from floor to ceiling with clothes. They pulled out in front of us, so we figured we'd follow. The drop point was the church on 17 in Piner. The place was packed and loaded with donations. It was good to see. However, I heard that some people that took slightly used clothes directly to the church were told that they were only accepting new clothes. I hope they changed that quickly, or the person telling people that was informed correctly.

We continued the drive down 17, but it was closed right before the location where the tornado crossed. We worked our way over to 75 and went down to Crittenden. You can see exactly where it crossed 75. The trees are just snapped in half or uprooted. Their is a subdivision on the west side of 75 that was hit, but not as hard as the east side. Parts of roofs missing and nearly everyone missing siding. As I came back over to the east side, they had 25 closed, so you couldn't see the homes on that side. I worked my way through the back roads over to Demossville. That's when I realized how close it was to my parents' house. A quarter to a half mile south, and they would've been right in the path of it. 17 was still closed at that point, so I went down Fiskburg. The devastation is unreal. Houses and barns are destroyed. Cars laying on their tops. Debris everywhere. A different feeling hits you when you actually see it in person.

It reallly is unbelievable if you've never seen any thing like it before. I took a volunteer day Wednesday and vacation til Monday. Looking forwards to helping these people get thru, get by and move one. I've never been so proud of my community as I am now. I told my girlfriend Sat night that even if I lived some where else my heart would always be in Independence. I've spent 26+ year of my life south of Simon Kenton and I love these folks. So proud of how our community has come together.