Very serious weather situation!

nWo

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got in from the mess. When I left the storm was coming up the river through Sparta. It looks like it took a right hand turn and went east, just south of downtown Independence. I was just on the north side, and visibility was down to made 30 yards with pea to dime size hail.

Apparently there was a tornado that passed through north Walton/south Independence. I live in northern Independence and my roommate just told me that he was out in the front yard at the house and a 4 ft. section of 2x4 just fell out of nowhere into the front yard.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

Apparently a tornado that passed through north Walton/south Independence. I live in northern Independence and my roommate just told me that he was out in the front yard at the house and a 4 ft. section of 2x4 just fell out of nowhere into the front yard.

I just drove through the northern part of that cell. Extremely heavy rain, small hail, and high winds.

All-Clear issued in Highland Heights // Cold Spring area

Looks like the Greater Cincinnati TV weather terrorists just couldn't resist getting on the bandwagon and causing their usual paranoia induced panic. Sad state of affairs.

What I'm really P.O.ed about is that River Downs closed in the middle of the Gulfstream Park race card, due to "impending bad weather." :madman:

I feel bad for those folks in the area effected who suffered loss of property.

All-Clear issued in Highland Heights // Cold Spring area

Looks like the Greater Cincinnati TV weather terrorists just couldn't resist getting on the bandwagon and causing their usual paranoia induced panic. Sad state of affairs.

Anyone who took this extremely dangerous situation lightly was being very foolish! There are pockets of damage as well as deaths and multiple injuries throughout the area. I'm amazed anyone would not want people to be informed. The weather guys sometimes do go overboard, but everything the NWS is telling us (which has been evidenced in the damage) would indicate that this was a storm of very rare intensity.

Apparently there was a tornado that passed through north Walton/south Independence. I live in northern Independence and my roommate just told me that he was out in the front yard at the house and a 4 ft. section of 2x4 just fell out of nowhere into the front yard.
Just over an hour ago a large thick branch about 4' long fell beside my car as I was getting on N 75 to go to the next exit to go to the basement of my family's condo, and where was the nearest tornado that would have lifted these two items? scary stuff.

Reports of heavy damage around Piner.