State Finals games.....

gamer31

6A had Scott County and Trinity both 2+ hour drives. 2A had Glasgow. 30 minute drive. The "casual" fan is more likely to make a 30 minute drive. Not very interesting at all.

What about all of the times teams from the west had to make the trip to Louisville, they still had pretty good following with a 3 + hour drive as well as losing an hour in the time change.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive some of us. We had to work and couldn't make it, despite our best intentions. Friday night OOT games are really hard to get to. Not all of us can take off work.

Yea, I get that. But when you have a school the size of Holy Cross that drove 3 1/2 hours to play on Friday afternoon and you have almost as many people there as the Trinity game, it is surprising to me. Holy Cross is a 2A school. I'm sure there were plenty of Holy Cross people that had to work that day also but there were plenty that still could get there, drawing from a smaller fan base.

So how far is Bowling Green from Louisville? An hour?

Yea, I get that. But when you have a school the size of Holy Cross that drove 3 1/2 hours to play on Friday afternoon and you have almost as many people there as the Trinity game, it is surprising to me. Holy Cross is a 2A school. I'm sure there were plenty of Holy Cross people that had to work that day also but there were plenty that still could get there, drawing from a smaller fan base.

It's further than an hour. But, I get the gist of your posts. You're happy to find something to criticize other fans about, especially if they're Trinity fans. No problem. Happy you guys won today. Go have fun.

First time Holy Cross had been there.....we were going to win....and it's a Friday night. Hate if you want, I don't care. Our team has the highest average attendance every year.

I don't care if three of us went down there. We don't get the money from the game, so whatever. If the KHSAA wants more people to go to the 6A game, it'll come back to the Pizza Box, if not, no worries.

Speaking of, Louisville was open this week. Is that something that is supposed to continue into the future? That was the whole reason Louisville lost it in the first place, that they couldn't guarantee availability.

First time Holy Cross had been there.....we were going to win....and it's a Friday night. Hate if you want, I don't care. Our team has the highest average attendance every year.

That's what I was thinking: You always remember the first time.

First trip for Holy Cross. For Trinity: just another walk in the park. There's no surprise here.

It's further than an hour. But, I get the gist of your posts. You're happy to find something to criticize other fans about, especially if they're Trinity fans. No problem. Happy you guys won today. Go have fun.
Just Trinity fans, I think. :thumb:

Some fans, on both sides, take the Highlands/Trinity thing a bit too seriously. :cool:

At WKU until 2014 for sure.

The stadium size is nice, the parking is great, I dont mind the 3.5 hr drive but the management team at WKU is a joke.

I have a major problem with the lack of police, not allowing parents fans and family get to the kids after the game to celebrate or console.

How hard would it be for WKU to designate locations for each team to congregate after career ending games for most?

I understand they are new to this, but lets use some common sense.

I also dont appreciate being "kicked out" of the stadium immediately after the game to allow the other teams to get in. Is this about the schools, the kids or the money? I got a pretty good idea tonite.

Two hours away and given the size, I would hope so.

I understand what you're saying about the first timers and knowing you're going to win does take something out of it. It's just that the kids have worked so hard and deserve to be supported. No matter how good they are. :D

The stadium size is nice, the parking is great, I dont mind the 3.5 hr drive but the management team at WKU is a joke.

I have a major problem with the lack of police, not allowing parents fans and family get to the kids after the game to celebrate or console.

How hard would it be for WKU to designate locations for each team to congregate after career ending games for most?

I understand they are new to this, but lets use some common sense.

I also dont appreciate being "kicked out" of the stadium immediately after the game to allow the other teams to get in. Is this about the schools, the kids or the money? I got a pretty good idea tonite.

Agree with everything you said, especially not allowing fans on the field after the game, and I unfortunately have never got to stay for the other games, I did not know they kicked you out after each game, that is for sure wrong! If it is about the money ( which obviously it is) just raise the ticket price a little and the crowds would be bigger for the second and third game.