State Finals games.....

gamer31

A little confused why there wasn't at minimum 10,000 fans at the Bowling Green/Anderson Co game. Bowling Green High School is a stone's throw away with a beautiful night to boot and they can't at least put that number in the stands. Man I wish NKY had that luxury.....:confused:

I'm surprised as well. I really thought they would pack it in for that one.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never at the championships in Louisville. Are you guys telling me that they didn't clear the stadium as well? And I'm not talking about back when there were four classes so the games were played much further apart (one in morning and one at night). The two years where they had six games in two days, what was the policy?

I was never at the championships in Louisville. Are you guys telling me that they didn't clear the stadium as well? And I'm not talking about back when there were four classes so the games were played much further apart (one in morning and one at night). The two years where they had six games in two days, what was the policy?

They didn't play morning/night at Louisville. The first game typically started at noon with the second game at 4. The time difference was the same as the 6-class plan.

As for clearing the stadium, sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't. I don't recall much clearing at old Cardinal Stadium, but there was a little more diligence (not much, but a little) at Papa Johns.

I know there is some increased revenue by clearing, but what other reason is there? Are they worried there might not be enough seat? Are the seats assigned? They could just make it general admission and there would be plenty of room because obviously not many would stay for all the games. It would also make a bigger crowd for the kids to play in front of and increased concessions. The facilities are set unto handle 20000+ fans for college games. It should be able to handle that for high school.