Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fan dies going after ball Josh Hamilton tossed him

Featured Replies

This makes me feel much worse than anything having to do with Casey Anthony.

So sad to hear. I can't imagine what the family is going through right now. Especially his young son who was at the game with him, who had to see his dad fall. Prayers are with them.

I don't understand why the managers of the ball park didn't place some kind of heavy grade mesh over that area behind the scoreboard after the guy fell back there last year.

This is so sad. Anyone with kids(and even those without) had to feel a tug in their heart after seeing this video. That poor little boy.

Wow, I feel terrible for everyone involved. That kid and the family must be devastated. Hamilton has to feel terrible. Hope this doesn't cause him to go in a bad direction.

Why was there not something to stop fans from falling there? Is this not the 2nd fan at a Rangers game that has fallen over the rails in the last two seasons? Is there a case for this guys family to sue the Rangers? Why would they have a gap between the wall & the bleachers?

This is so tragic. You know the guy was just trying to get the ball so his son could have it, then in an instant tragedy strikes. Just goes to show you never know when its your time to go, it can happen before you know it. I hate this so much for everyone involved.

Dolomite, you said it. Think of just going to the ball park and taking a son to the game, maybe your sons favorite player toss a foul ball towards you and this happens with the son watching it :cry:. That little boy will never get over that. My prayers certainly for the family and the mans son. I also just hope and pray that he (his son) can get great counseling to help him deal with this.

I also feel for Josh Hamilton, I am sure that he does this all the time, just like other players everywhere do for the fans. Hamilton will also have a very tough time with it, anyone would.

Again, prayers for the man's family,friends and especially his son.

Horrible! And his kid was there by himself, From the freeze frame on wcpo.com he looks to be between maybe 8-10 years old, feel horrible for the kid!

 

BUT, why do people lean over too far after balls at games? If it's not in your reach then who cares! At least you will will be alive.

 

You can not have nets all over the place, the Rangers are not are fault here, this guy made a horribe decision, the railings are there for a reason.

Now after looking at the actual replay, I see why people ask why there isn't some type of mess over that area. But, I still say the Rangers are not at fault.

Horrible! And his kid was there by himself, From the freeze frame on wcpo.com he looks to be between maybe 8-10 years old, feel horrible for the kid!

 

BUT, why do people lean over too far after balls at games? If it's not in your reach then who cares! At least you will will be alive.

 

You can not have nets all over the place, the Rangers are not are fault here, this guy made a horribe decision, the railings are there for a reason.

 

I agree for the most part, but you have to think he was just trying to capitalize on an oppurtunity to get his son a lifetime souvineir. I know it ended up costing him, but in the heat of the moment I doubt he was planning any of it out. He saw an oppurtunity to grab a ball for his son and without thinking he instinctively tried to get to the ball. We see it all the time with people knocking each other out of the way, or stepping down into the row in front of you, reaching over the row in front of you, etc. trying to catch foul balls/homerun balls/tossed balls, etc. It was just an instinctual thing in which he saw an oppurtunity to get the ball for his son (more than likely) and didn't pay attention or take note of the dangers or risk. I doubt he even realized it could end up being a fatal or tagic situation, he was just going on instinct and instinct is trying to get a game ball for his little boy.

 

 

Tragic.

I was at a game last nite, and of course people wanted that ball. I feel so bad for the man's family, I pray that they will find a peace during this time.

 

We are not promised another day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.