Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 14)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it's my turn...

The Number 13 is a bad luck number for me.So now since The Reds have left the number 13 week I feel I can bring some luck to week 14...Wish the Reds good luck for week Fourteen...:eyeonyou:

Poor Blue Magic. He's either prematurely starting the thread, or is too late.

Poor Blue Magic. He's either prematurely starting the thread, or is too late.

How can you expect me to make a thread if you're not there after the game to close it? You're the one with the power to delete or close a thread. Am I supposed to sit and wait and stare at the computer until you to close it?

How can you expect me to make a thread if you're not there after the game to close it? You're the one with the power to delete or close a thread. Am I supposed to sit and wait and stare at the computer until you to close it?

Obviously not married. :D

Easy guys...I feel lots of luck coming this way...If not same old same old...Your used to it so lets just keep it in the now.The Reds are still in it...So let all of the true reds keep on believing until it is a officially done...BM I believe you are a true Reds fan...Just as your are LRCW...

As far as the next series, the Ray's are coming off of a 5-1 road trip and are 8 of their last 9. Swept the Marlins and Astros, and took 2 of 3 in Milwaukee.

The Reds start off against Jeremy Helllickson tomorrow night, but have to face David Price and James Shields to complete the series. Shields has pitched 3 consecutive complete games with an 0.33 ERA and 24 strikeouts.

Why so serious?

Here is the Reds current situation. They are 40-39 and have 13 games left before the All-Star break. If they go 7-6 in these next 13 their record would be 47-45. That means they have 70 games left in the season after the All-Star break. Most playoff teams reach the magic number of 90 wins to do so. That means after the All-Star break the Reds will have to go 43-27 in the last 70 to reach 90 wins. That means in the final 70 games they have to win 61.4% of their games. Not impossible but surely going to be tough. These Reds are sure not making it easy on themselves. They better get their acts together and soon, time is running out. Does anybody honestly think this .500 team has a chance to make the playoffs? Oh and by the way Walt still says that they like Janish and their shortstop situation a lot so we can quit dreaming of Cozart getting a shot anytime soon.

Everything you would have said needed to happen at the beginning of the season in order for the Reds to be the same or better hasn't happened. The pitching hasn't been healthy. Rolen and Gomes didn't match last years production. Votto hasn't remained the same or gotten better. Bruce or Stubbs haven't made the leap outside of one month for Bruce. There has been no answer at SS. All in all being .500 isn't terrible for all of that. Getting to 90 wins without some luck or a big move is pretty unlikely. Even making a move or two probably isn't enough.