Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 14)

.227 against AAA pitching? Is that worse? Just saying ...

Also a combined 14 errors. Renteria is completely useless. I know I'm not the only one that sees that. Walt and Dusty continue to claim they're happy with the roster right now, but I'm not sure how. I'm not saying Cozart's going to come up and hit .300 and win a gold glove, but I see no reason that he isn't given a chance.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a combined 14 errors. Renteria is completely useless. I know I'm not the only one that sees that. Walt and Dusty continue to claim they're happy with the roster right now, but I'm not sure how. I'm not saying Cozart's going to come up and hit .300 and win a gold glove, but I see no reason that he isn't given a chance.

I think this is how the Reds (Walt/Dusty) see SS.

1. They believe Janish is above average defensively (underperforming) and capable enough offensively (underperforming).

2. Renteria is here for the end game. He was the WS MVP. They see him as a solid backup, good in clutch hitting situations off the bench and someone who will help in September and beyond.

3. Cozart is an unproven minor leaguer who is good defensively and suddenly has picked it up offensively, but they still aren't sure about him offensively.

4. The above being said, Walt/Dusty do not want to experiment with an unproven rookie at one of the key positions on the field. Cozart is insurance if Janish or Renteria get hurt. Barring injuries, he will be called up in September to be played in situations where they can find out what he can/can't do. OR ... if the team is really struggling and possibly falling out of the race, then if completely desperate to try something radical after the All Star break, then they may pull the trigger.

Bottom line, IMO we definitely will not see Cozart before the All Star break and if we see him after the break before September 1, then the Reds are in serious trouble.

If the Redlegs lost tonight they will be 40-40. They have been 10-10, 15-15, and 30-30 this season.

Remember, at the beginning of the season the early portion of the schedule was considered the easiest and when they needed to make hay.

If the Redlegs lost tonight they will be 40-40. They have been 10-10, 15-15, and 30-30 this season.

Remember, at the beginning of the season the early portion of the schedule was considered the easiest and when they needed to make hay.

10 games against the Cubs and 6 vs the Astros after the break won't hurt.

Here is the way the pitching rotation lines up leading up to the All-Star break barring anymore unforseen problems with the staff.

@ Tampa Bay - Leake, Cueto, Volquez

vs Cleveland - Arroyo, Bailey, Leake

@ St Louis - Cueto, Volquez, Arroyo

@ Milwaukee - Bailey, Leake, Cueto, Volquez

That said what does Dusty do coming out of the All-Star break for the series versus St Louis on July 15-16-17? I say move Arroyo, Bailey and Leake back and come back with Cueto to start the series on regular rest. What he does with Volquez I could care less about unless he looks good versus the Cards in St Louis. I would then let him face the Cards on Saturday July 16 after Cueto goes on Friday and figure out who to come back with in the Sunday finale. Pittsburgh is up after that at home before they head to Atlanta for 3 games. Just my thoughts but who knows what Dusty will do.

Here is the way the pitching rotation lines up leading up to the All-Star break barring anymore unforseen problems with the staff.

@ Tampa Bay - Leake, Cueto, Volquez

vs Cleveland - Arroyo, Bailey, Leake

@ St Louis - Cueto, Volquez, Arroyo

@ Milwaukee - Bailey, Leake, Cueto, Volquez

That said what does Dusty do coming out of the All-Star break for the series versus St Louis on July 15-16-17? I say move Arroyo, Bailey and Leake back and come back with Cueto to start the series on regular rest. What he does with Volquez I could care less about unless he looks good versus the Cards in St Louis. I would then let him face the Cards on Saturday July 16 after Cueto goes on Friday and figure out who to come back with in the Sunday finale. Pittsburgh is up after that at home before they head to Atlanta for 3 games. Just my thoughts but who knows what Dusty will do.

Probably highly depends on whether Cueto pitches in the All-Star game or not.

Hellickson, Price, and Shields....Reds will be lucky to hit 3 runs a game against that group. Nasty.

Hellickson is as predicable as the lottery. He's been all over the place. Price has not gotten run support for what ever reason. Shields has been unbelievable of late. However, I doubt he pitches another complete game. The middle relief has been horrible recently. Get to the bullpen and the Reds are at even odds, regardless of stater.

Also keep in mind, the Rays have been better on the road than at home this year.